|“||That's weird. You're extremely good at using an intense burst of power. Maybe you were born like that.||”|
Yeo Miseng (여미생, Yeo Misaeng; or "Yuh Meesaeng") is a D-Rank Regular who climbs the Tower in search of her parents. Yeo Goseng and Miseng come from the same family and are of the same generation level. This is because they share the same surname "Yeo"(여) and they share the same generation name "Seng"(생): 미생(MiSeng) and 고생(GoSeng). They are probably cousins.
SIU has confirmed they're not sisters, insinuating they're most likely from the same family and know each other very well (again, they are probably cousins).
Appearance and Personality
She looks like a young teenage girl. She wears what looks like a typical schoolgirl uniform with a shirt, tie, sweater and skirt. She also carries around a pink backpack and a cellphone with her. After the time skip, she has grown up some, with the same hairstyle and clothing type, but with a more developed body.
She is caring for others, but easily shaken. She shares her food with other Regulars and even gives Jyu Viole Grace a chocolate bar (translated as "chips" in The Company's scanlation), even when she was well aware that he could easily kill her. She is able to sense other people's loneliness and suffering and realised that Jyu Viole Grace was simply trying to keep others at a distance, to protect his feelings, when he declared "That is why none of you can become my teammate. I am your enemy". Initially, she was also quite naïve and rather trusting of people, given that she clung to a woman who'd bought her a yoghurt.
Powers and Abilities
At first, Miseng appears to be a weak young girl because of her appearances that can be considered as 'too young'. She also almost never did something impressive or display any special ability or power at the beginning. But seeing how she was able to reach the 20th Floor, at least she is capable to go that far.
During the Flower Test on the 21st Floor we see her putting an Observer on the baby Zygaena carrying the flower, showing she is at least able to perform her duties as a Scout relatively well. After the timeskip, she has developed her abilities as a Scout and was able to locate and discern the Mirotic guardian's weak points using her Observer. When they were playing a card game, it was revealed she's quite a good strategist and basically dominated the game after she joined it. However, it remains to be seen how she'd perform during a test.
Potential Power Control: After the Workshop Battle she studied on how to increase her potential power at once without losing control. After asking Verdi for some help, she gained knowledge of a special seed that allowed her to do so. Thus, after constant training for a year, she became able to use her potential power without losing control. However, it is still a little unstable, however.
Shinsoo Boost: Berserker Mode: After returning from the Hidden Floor, Androssi gave Miseng the device to determine what her shinsoo quality is. Unlike others that generate an object or weapon from Shinsoo, Miseng's quality appears to enhance her speed and strength far greater than simple Body Reinforcement. She was able to close the distance between her and two regulars before either could react and deliver a devastating punch to one.
- Yeo Goseng: Miseng is very trusting in Goseng and listens to her a lot. In The Trustworthy Room, she opened the door only to Goseng.
- Hon Akraptor: At the beginning she seemed to be fearful of Akraptor and this was probably the reason she did not share a chocolate bar with him during the time when everyone was waiting for next test. However, this changed when they both played the game of words and she began to respect and feel more secure around Akraptor, who treats her as if she were his daughter.
- Jyu Viole Grace: Although at first all the companions were afraid for Viole, Miseng could sense that Viole was very lonely and gave him a chocolate bar. They get along very well, with Viole even risking his life for her during his fight against Urek Mazino.
- Prince: They both have the same mental maturity and both are seen playing video games. We have seen that Prince wants to protect her, considering her as a sister.
- Observer: Like most Scouts in general, Miseng also controls an Observer. She can perform a holographic decoy of herself using an Observer to lure enemies into a trap, taking advantage of her appearance as an easy target. At the Train City, she used her new Observer to analyse and determine there was a device that controlled the Mirotic guardian's semi-illusory state hidden in a nearby door. At Last Station she use observer's reflection skill in order to deflect the Purple Eye Brothers' attack, so that she can easily finished them with Berserker Mode.
Notes and Trivia
- She doesn't give Akraptor a chocolate bar. The reason for that is yet unknown. It could be because he tried to vote her off earlier.
- In terms of her ability to strengthen herself using Shinsoo, she is below Ja Wangnan and just above Yeo Goseng.
- She doesn't seem to have any pupils and her eyes are one solid colour.
- Considering her impressive strategic abilities (shown during the card game they played during the Trustworthy Room) it remains to be seen if her personality (the innocence, the crying, etc.) is really child-like or if it's an act to manipulate others or both.
- She enjoys taking photos with her handphone. She took a photo of Love when he appeared and was ready to take a photo of Wangnan when he tried to take off his pants.
- Miseng is a term used in Go, which means "yet to be completed".