Co-founded by the famed High Rankers Urek Mazino and Baek Ryun, the influence and power of this organisation is such that the 10 Great Families fear it. Additionally, Khun Hynd Luch stated that Wolhaiksong is strong enough to threaten Zahard's Army. However, Gustang implies that the Family Heads themselves do not see the organisation as more than just a game or a deception.
There have been various interpretations when it comes to translating Wolhaiksong. If SIU wanted to use an ambiguous term like “tree”, he would’ve used "木" ("tree, wood") or perhaps "樹" ("tree") but he specifically used "松" (“pine tree”), and no other botanical terms to describe the Wolhaiksong.
Thus, SIU is probably alluding to several imageries or meanings, the first being that the form of a tree with wings in place of branches resembles a pine tree. Note the resemblance of the Wolhaiksong symbol to a pine tree, meaning that the actual tree may not be being referred to in this sense.
The name Wolhaiksong, "the Winged Tree Under the Moon", originates from the story between Urek and Baek Ryun; Urek shouted he'd give Baek Ryun's forest a pair of wings so Baek Ryun would leave his Floor. The forest was then compressed, stored in a box of wings which was a proof of friendship between the two men. Urek Mazino later moved Baek Ryun's forest to the 77th Floor and together with Urek and the founding members, Baek Ryun planted the Wingtree.. Quant Blitz once said that their headquarters are located in a "hellish place".
The rumours about Wolhaiksong being an anti-government organisation are false. Wolhaiksong goal is not to overthrow the government, but rather "finding a way outside of the Tower". However FUG is still often compared to the Wolhaiksong because of their opposition to the 10 Great Families. The organisation consists more of a "social club" centered around several members whose objective is "to find a way out of the Tower", as opposed to FUG which can be seen as a "religious organisation" centred around a single faith with the aim of killing Zahard. It's likely that their progressive image of "finding a way out of the Tower" disagrees with the kingdom's conservative ideals. Although the relationship between the FUG and Wolhaiksong is not that good, there are a few members who are associated with both groups.
- Baek Ryun (co-founder)
- Urek Mazino (co-founder)
- Hachuling (a.k.a. Mr. Blueberry and formerly Koon Hachuling)
- Ms. Ice Strawberry (real name unknown)
- Ms. Ice Strawberry's Partner (real name unknown)
- Toulalan (spare D-rank Regular)
- Yeon Woon
- Ha Yuri Zahard: The relationship between Yuri and Wolhaiksong is based on her relationship with Urek Mazino. Having been present at the planting of the Wolhaiksong, Yuri and Urek have a good relationship with each other enough that the latter would gladly accept and fulfil a request from the former. She even lead a team of Wolhaiksong members on her journey to the Floor of Test.
- Lero-Ro: Had been assigned a job by Hachuling to follow a certain Regular. After completing the job, he would become an intern.
- Quant Blitz: Although he simply followed Lero-Ro around, he has also been promised internship upon completing the aforementioned job along with Lero-Ro.
Notes and Trivia
- Note: It seems The Company referred to "월/月 (weol/yuè)" as "moonlight" which is actually "월광/月光 (weol kwang/yuè guāng)".
- (Korean pronunciation) Wol-ha-ik-song
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ch.72: 2F - Last Examination (16)
- ↑ Ch.25: 2F - Crown Game (12)
- ↑ Ch.71: 2F - Last Examination (15)
- ↑ Ch.57: 2F - Last Examination (1)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.257: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (26)
- ↑ GoDai's Translation: People and Groups in the Tower - Wolhaiksong
- ↑ Ch.78: 2F - Epilogue - Rachel (4) - Season 1 End
- ↑ Ch.25: 2F - Crown Game (12); blog post
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.32: 21F – Flower of Zygaena (4)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.33: 21F – Flower of Zygaena (5)