Part IIn Part I, Baam was very weak, having no particular skills except his determination and courage. It is understandable that Baam has no fighting experiences at all because he used to lived inside a cave and only always playing a board game with Rachel. Wherever he meet an enemy, he will only just run for his life. Also at the event of the Crown Game Baam can't fight at all and only protected by Koon Aguero Agnis and Rak Wraithraiser. Later in the story, after undergo hard training and take a wave controller class at the floor of the test, Baam has shown capabilities to be an expert and prodigy at manipulating the Shinsoo (unlike most Regulars). He learns techniques that many Rankers take decades to learn, in mere seconds. Like in the case of his fight to save Rachel from Mr.Hoh threat, where the Ranker Quant taught Baam about a technique that would save Rachel. Quant meant it as a joke to calm down Baam for a moment while he take down the spear bearer team first, but then, Baam effortlessly succeed to perform ranker Quant's technique, shocking Quant, who proceeded to ask "is that boy really a monster?". Also, the wave controller teacher, Ranker Ren even considered baam as a possible RED candidate if he would became a Ranker in the future. By the end of Part I, baam also easily killed the Bull with one shinshoo shot, a feat which even Anak and Androssi couldn't pull off. However, it is later revealed that it is the water of the tank in which the test was held had Shinsoo-enhancing properties which gave Baam a significant boost in power.
Agility:Baam is very agile; he can dodge sword blows very effectively. After his training with Androssi he became very good at dodging.
Intuition: Despite not being much of a fighter, Baam has good fighting instincts, as shown when he correctly determines a Steel Eel's weakness within a few seconds. Even with dealing with something unrelated to fighting, he is able to find ways prolong playing a board game with Rachel with tactics, resulting in Rachel spending more time with him. It seems that Baam is able to find the best or quickest solution to a problem within his realm of influence.
Exceptional Shinsoo Resistance: Normally, a person would have immense difficulty moving in an area with an enormous density of Shinsoo as shown by the fact that female Steel Eels live within this area during breeding season. However, Baam has demonstrated an amazing resistance to Shinsoo pressure, being able to move freely even in a dense Shinsoo environment, proving that he excels highly on such a field. This is also displayed during Lero-Ro's test when Baam was unaffected by the Shinsoo barrier that Lero-Ro, a Ranker, had cast, while the majority of the participating Regulars found it hard to pass or failed. He was blasted by a powerful wave of Shinsoo by Hong Chunhwa's Ignition Weapon, Narumada, and emerged relatively unscathed by the attack.
Shinsoo Reading: In Part I, he was able to see the white aura around Anak, which the other Regulars were not able to do, thus allowing him to tie against Lero-Ro in their bet regarding who would pass through the barrier first.
Shinsoo Genius: Though Baam initially knew nothing of Shinsoo, his ability to control Shinsoo is immense as well as his ability to rapidly learn new techniques - so much so that Ren (considered a genius Wave Controller) was astonished by his ability on the Floor of Test. For example, he learns the "Fast Skip" technique within a few seconds and rapidly becomes able to use it at a reasonable range, which Quant reveals took him decades to learn. Baam's potential far exceeds the normal Regulars and in one instance it appeared the Shinsoo around him attacked Hwa Ryun of its own accord. He is also able to use Shinsoo baangs without having formed a contract with a Guardian, something that is considered both impossible and against the very laws of The Tower.
In Part II, Baam has become so adept in combat that others are beginning to fear his strength and avoid him entirely. He is now openly declared a "monster" even by Rankers such as Love. Ja Wangnan describes him as the "Demon". He entirely overpowered the Regulars on the 20th Floor and has accomplished many feats that are far above the capabilities of an E-rank Regular. Such feats include handling a 2-on-1 battle against Akraptor and Horyang, another 2-on-2 fight against Novick and Ran (both of whom were in the Top 10 strongest E-rank Regulars) and another recent 2-on-1 battle against Ship Leesoo's team members Vespa and Aleksai Amigochaz regardless of his inability to use Shinsoo at the time. His notoriety has risen to the point where he is being compared to the Zahard's Princesses in terms of raw power.
As of Vol.2 Chapter 229, the god of guardians has deemed him "much stronger than the other Regulars". After his one-month training with the data self of Koon Eduan, Baam's power has increased to the point of holding his own against the data self of Zahard, although to ultimately stalemate, if not, slightly overwhelm him, he required the full power of the Thorn combined with his own. Even Zahard's current self saw him as being a potential threat. Baam was even able to face off in 1 on 1 combat against a Ranker, proving his power has explosively increased, in this same battle he stated to Black March he was holding back.
Enhanced Charisma: Baam has shown quiet yet charismatic qualities that attract most people to him, regardless of his involvements with FUG. Novick notes that Baam is like a shining light that causes people to endlessly follow him.
Improved Agility: In Part II, his speed increases to the point where he can appear next to someone to deliver a punch in a flash. However his speed is not of Ranker-level yet as Love was able to outrun him to his connector. Regardless, he is almost always seen to be faster than the opponents he has faced, even if in a handicapped position.
Improved Intellect: In Part II, he has shown a lot of knowledge on various topics such about the Tower that he did not know about in Part I. This is likely due to the training he received from FUG. Another example of his improved intellect is in his ability to outsmart Androssi using Emile and to locate Beta despite the latter's attempts to fool his own pursuers.
Martial Arts Practitioner: Baam displays a knowledge of various fighting styles. He was trained by a High Ranker from the Ha Family, Ha Jinsung, although it is unknown what schools or types of arts he was taught by him. He also uses Shinsoo to enhance his skills to great effect. But even without Shinsoo, because of his knowledge in fighting, he was almost able to battle on par with Aleksai Amigochaz. During the one year time skip that leads to the Hell Train arc, Baam visited a number of martial arts dojos and families in the middle area and learned their martial arts by enduring their strikes and blows. He is also able to mix and merge together the individual skills of the various martial arts he knows and perform the skills simultaneously. Some of the martial arts he has learned include:
Immense Reflexes: After communicating with the "Power" inside of him and receiving a little more 'power', Baam has since exhibited rapid, nigh-instantaneous reflexes. He was able to reflexively strike an opponent he couldn't perceive, barely a moment before the opponent was about strike him. However his reflexes seem instinctual, with his body reacting on its own rather than with conscious thought. Baam showed more conscious control later on and was able to easily track, follow and read his opponent's attacks, allowing him to find an opening and retaliate with an attack of his own.
Improved Exceptional Shinsoo Resistance: In Part II, he is unfazed by the level of Shinsoo that the average Regular can use. However, he was still somewhat hurt by Love's attacks (whether or not he chose not to dodge is still under speculation). He was also "stopped" by Love, so his Shinsoo Resistance is still not up to the level of being able to completely resist a Ranker's techniques. However, he was able to survive Urek Mazino's "Supreme King's Scorching Fist of Death" technique, a truly exceptional feat, even though Urek Mazino massively held back and Baam was left in a bloodied state. It is also possible that some of the severe damage inflicted upon him was because of the Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique, since it is a deadly technique that can damage the user themselves.
Improved Shinsoo Reading: In Part II, he noticed the parasite that was controlling Yihwa and pulled it out with his bare hands. This implies that he is able to read Shinsoo in a similar manner to Laure.
Exceptional Shinsoo Control: Not only are Baam's Shinsoo blasts far larger than those of other Regulars but he also tends to wield about twice the average number of baangs in comparison to Regulars of the same rank. On the 29th Floor, he was shown to be able to control at least five baangs, a feat which surprised Quaetro Blitz who was bragging about controlling a total of three and later stated that even the top 5 E-ranked Regulars could probably only create four at most. Soon after, during the fight with Reflejo at the Workshop Battle, he was shown utilising a total of 6 baangs. Currently, he is known to control up to 13 baangs. After the Hell Train timeskip and after undergoing the first part of "Revolution", he was shown being capable of bending gigantic solid metal pipes at a distance in order to create a shortcut.
Lighthouse Control: Even though it is not his primary position, Baam has shown he can communicate with and use Lighthouses. In one instance, he manipulated three Lighthouses to somewhat enhance the effects of Fast Skip to stop Novick and protect himself from Ran's attack. He has also used it to create an enhanced Shinsoo barrier to block attacks and to alter his voice when Koon arrived at the Hand of Arlen. This shows that he could be able to manipulate at least three Lighthouses, although how much Xia Xia helped him is up for debate.
In Part III, Baam has grown exponentially stronger. In the two years of training, his shinsoo control has greatly improved, as shown by his giant orb and new technique, "Rain". He is capable of completely overpowering C rank regulars with ease and even without the Thorn, has become capable of challenging and beating Rankers. Baam states that he might be able to kill a Ranker even without using the thorn.
- Rain 우(雨): Baam gathers large amounts of shinsoo in abstract shapes, which spread across the battlefield and swirl around. Then the shinsoo falls across the battlefield like rain and pierces the enemy wherever it falls. Baam killed dozens of Baylord Yama's trained combat war dogs in seconds using Rain. This technique is reminiscent of Enryu's Red Rain.
- Shinsoo Control Skill - Wide-Range Skill: Streamflow (신수제어술 광역기 천(川)): Baam gathers large amount of shinsoo in a spiral and makes it into a wide,swirling current. When used on Varagarv,it is strong enough to break Varagarv through the floor and blow him out of the building, even with Blood Tamara activated.
- Giant Shinshoo Orb: Baam creates an orb which is far larger than any orb he has shown before. Baam himself told the inspector of the 'Dog Shelter' that he would have destroyed the shelter if it wasn't for his promise with Baylord Yama, which infers that he is capable of taking down the entire shelter with this technique, further showing how strong he is. During his encounter with Akryung (악령), Baam's regular Shinsoo Orb was powerful enough to match and overpower his opponent's Shinwonryu-fused attack.
- Twenty-Fifth Baam Style Wave Explosion - Zero(0) (스물다섯번째 밤 류 공파술 제로(0)): Baam makes Varagrav screech in pain after using this technique even while holding back, which implies that he could possibly kill someone when used at full strength. He learned this technique from Ha Chai.
- Focused Shinsoo Control Skill-Water Dragon (집중형 신수 제어술-수룡): Baam focuses Shinsoo into a narrow, linear dragon-like form. As the name implies, the color of the Shinsoo is blue. Taught to him by Yoo Han-Sung, this technique 'gathers' energy and then releases it. Unlike most people, who tire quicker depending on the number of Baangs they use, Baam is able to overcome this weakness due to having the special ability of being able to store energy. It appears that Ha Jin-Sung and Kallavan are able to use this ability as well. He uses this technique the first time against Akryung (악령), overwhelming him easily. After Baam used this technique, Akryung complimented him on having become much more powerful, although he also added that Baam still wasn't strong enough to beat Zahard.
- Wide Range Shinsoo Control Skill:Water Dragon-Heavy Storm (광역형 신수제어술: 수룡-폭우): A technique that combines the Water Dragon with Rain. Baam gathers shinsoo, and pours it down on the enemy, making it seem like rain. Even without the usage of the Black March and Thorn, he was able to overwhelm a Ranker with this technique, albeit briefly. Even the Ranker whom he was using the technique against commented on whether this was really the technique level of a Regular, implying that Baam is Ranker level, or at least around that level.
- Focused Shinsoo Control Skill-Chang Dragon (집중형 신수 제어술-창룡): A similar technique to Water Dragon. The difference between the two techniques have not been shown yet, but it appears that this technique is extremely powerful, seeing as Baam was able to push back a Ranker with it and cause the destruction of the surrounding area, even without using the Thorn and the Black March.
- Shinwonryu(신원류): Baam has increased his Shinwonryu power significantly. He was able to break a sleeping Yama's grip on his hand with it. Using this technique, he also caused a sleeping Baylord Yama to partially wake up.
Though Baam can copy Ranker-level techniques easily, it has been noted that he lacks some of the power behind the attacks (relative to a Ranker). His ability to copy techniques extends to him being able to replicate physical techniques after reading a person's movements and then learning the technique upon impact. It was thanks to this aspect that he was able to learn many types of martial arts during the Hell Train timeskip. The following is a list of shinsoo techniques copied from his battles and the person who he copied it from:
In part II, the FUG has chosen Baam to be an experimental subject to create a living ignition weapon. FUG implanted the "Fake Thorn" or so they named it, inside Baam's body. The Fake Thorn is a container that was prepared to contain the real Thorn. It will be used to summon and bind it to Baam. The Fake Thorn is not impotent by itself, as seen when a large "scar" is cut into the wall when Reflejo first gives Baam the replica. It also was used to grant Baam the strength to overcome both Aleksai Amigochaz and Vespa at the same time.
It turns out that the FUG, in this case, those under Karaka's party and Karaka himself, actually intended to melt Baam with the real Thorn as soon he become one with it at the workshop. It is because Karaka wants the Enryu's Thorn to be equipped with Baam's unique power: "Technique Replication". In the end, Karaka's plan failed and Baam managed to escape from the workshop. And then Baam has officially owned the Thorn. It was later revealed that the Thorn that Baam got from the workshop, isn't the only one. It's only the 1st fragment out of 4th fragments. Karaka admitted his crime and plan at the workshop to kill Baam at the hunt station when Baam asked him that why he came personally to see him.Although Karaka said that he is no longer interested with the Thorn that Baam owned and he said just forget it, but later it was revealed that he still after the 2nd Thorn fragment on the Floor of Death. Once again, Karaka's plan to get the 2nd Thorn fragment failed miserably because Hell Joe's plan got wrecked and he was actually lied to Karaka. Later, Baam was granted the access to retrieve the 2nd Thorn fragment by the head of Po Bidau Family, Gustang with conditions. Currently, Bam has owned 2 Thorn fragments and is on the journey to collect the 3rd fragment. There are many number of Baam's techniques that was combined with the Thorn's power and it will most likely to increase more.
Power of The Souls
When the White's Final Clone was impressed by Baam's determination of "not to sacrificed other people", she decided to grant Baam part of the several billion vengeful souls that made up her being. The clone stated that if Baam could withstand their resentment and bitterness then he would be granted tremendous power. It held a tremendous power because it is the culmination of White's stored power when he was once a FUG slayer and high ranker. Baam quickly adjusted to this power and used it to overpower Hoaqin. After defeating Hoaqin, Baam noted that the souls' power had disappeared. However, this doesn't mean the souls have disappeared from Baam's body since White's clone stated that the spirits inside of him will help in the future. This was confirmed when Baam and hockney went to the inner part of 43rd Floor, which requires the person to be stripped of their soul by Soul Devourers and becoming the 'dead'. When Soul Devourers tried to take Baam's soul, they end up pulling a line of souls out of his body instead.
Although Baam has used the souls power on several occasions to strengthen his other power, like when he increased the offense power of the Shinwonryu on the final battle against Hell Joe at the floor of death, currently, the only known Baam's technique derived from this power is the Technique Replication of Arie Hoaqin's swordmanship which using a medium of shinshoo sword that was created out from the hatred of the souls.
During the Hell Train arc at the Rice Pot Training with the God of the Guardian, Baam was able to met with the Blue Demon for the first time. According to the Blue Demon, his power is the power that can bring Baam quickly straight to the top of the tower, to become a god-like being. Although Baam later refused the Blue Demon's offer because Baam simply didn't trust the blue demon and said that the Blue Demon was a fake power that tried to corrupt, tricked, and guided him into the wrong way. It was later confirmed, that the Blue Demon is not actually a fake power like what Baam believed, when Hell Joe who was merged with Red Thryssa's power, felt the power of the Blue Demon inside Baam's body and feared of it's presence. Hell Joe was so shocked as to why Baam has such power inside him, he said that the blue demon's power is equal to the power of the Guardian. Currently, there isn't any Baam's techniques derived from this power because Baam doesn't want to use it.
After its defeat at the hands of Urek Mazino and Baam, it appeared that there is a red entity that went inside of Baam's body. It was then confirmed by Urek Mazino that the red thing that went inside of Baam is the Red Thryssa, saying that he was surprised to why he suddenly felt there is the Red Thryssa's vibe and aura came from Baam. Currently there are no known techniques derived from this power. Although, there is a scene where Baam was shown to be trying to control an Orb, with the Red Thryssa seeming to help him.
Orb Shapes & Upgrades
Post Revolution: After completing his Revolution on the Hidden Floor, Baam gained a better understanding of himself and his power. This allows him to enter a new form. In this form, his shinsoo turns black and grey. Two horns, one blue and one red, also form on his head. Later he also gained two black wings made out of shinsoo with Blue Oar disks beneath them. Baam commented that this allowed him to use Blue Oar faster than the usual way. With this mode, he is able to force Data Zahard to use more of his power.
- Twenty-Fifth Night Style: Extreme Black-Winged Butterfly Attack (스물다섯번째 밤 류 극의 진 흑익 화접공파술): Baam's personal style of Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique, this is the first of Twenty-Fifth Night style. It was powerful enough to blow Data Zahard back a large distance while his guard was raised and damaged part of his mask.
- Twenty Fifth Night Style Special Skill: Extreme Blue Oar (스물다섯번째 밤 류 특수기 진 청노): Baam's personal version of Blue Oar where he tremendously increases the diameter of the disk. When used against Data Zahard, it cut through and destroyed much of arena they were fighting in.
- Baam-type Shinsoo Control Skill: Orb - Defense Mode (밤류 신수 제어술 오브 방어 모드): Baam covers himself with dark blue shinsoo shaped like a sphere. It was able to completely block 21 baangs from Data Zahard. 
- 'Twenty-Fifth Night' Baam Style Shinsoo Control Skill: Endless Sky (밤 류 신수제어술 장천): Baam combined the power of the Black March and his Endless Sky to perform a powerful attack that was capable of destroying Whaley, which the Altar Director claimed was able to withstand most attacks, in just a single attack
Healing Exoskeleton: When Baam is wounded, a crimson lobster-like exoskeleton forms on the exterior of his body which heals his wounds. However, it is not effective for every wound, as it was not activated after his battle with Urek Mazino. Ja Wangnan observes that it must have limits to the degree of wounds it can heal. Horyang suspects that it may be an example of a living Ignition Weapon. Baam has no idea of its true identity nor how to utilize it upon command. Although, it is mentioned that the lobster was originally a demon that rivalled a god and is able to ignite the true Thorn. Baam commented to Horyang that it was implanted within him by FUG when he was first recruited; apparently, it was well hidden in the water tank on the 2nd Floor.
- Black March (temporary): One of the 13th Month Series, it is a B-rank Needle that has only been seen Ignited when used by Baam. Yuri Zahard lent it to Baam to be used at Headon's Test, but he later carried it to the Second Floor tests before he lost it in a bet to Anak Zahard; it was later retrieved again by Yuri Zahard.
- Fake Thorn: The container for the real Thorn which was used to summon and bind it to Baam. It is not impotent by itself, as seen when a large "scar" is cut into the wall when Reflejo first gives Baam the replica and also when it was used to grant Baam the strength to overcome both Aleksai Amigochaz and Vespa.
- Enryu's Thorn: Using the fake Thorn as a container to summon the real one, Baam now holds the weapon FUG wants to kill Zahard with, floating over the same shoulder Horyang has his wing. When it was still wrapped inside the container, Hwa Ryun expressed that she had some doubts if Baam could actually activate it "properly". When Baam uses Shinsoo the Thorn reacts to it giving it a blue or purple glow similar to almost enhancing it; as Ron Mei said that he didn't know how to use it properly yet, it is certain that it wasn't the Thorn's real power. Judging by the reactions of the characters at the time, the Thorn was still in a dormant state and its wrapped, concealed appearance did not reflect its perfected form. During the battle against Reflejo, the real Thorn fully unwrapped itself, revealing its original appearance, along with orange energy rings around it, and was considered by Reflejo to have 'chosen' Baam as its master. When awakened, the Thorn allowed Baam's Flow Control to be effective against the previously immune Reflejo and Koon deduced that it was forcibly controlling the Shinsoo around the area, a power that he considered "near god-like". Finally, Baam was able to use it to deal a devastating red beam-like punch that ripped right through Reflejo's mid-section. However, SIU said that the weapon wasn't fully activated yet and that it may work differently depending on who's using it, meaning that we haven't even seen its full power yet. Also, SIU has mentioned that it is indeed a growing weapon meaning it can grow to be stronger than it already is and that it would burst out when needed.
A year after the events of the Workshop Battle, Baam is now up to a level where he can actively use the Thorn's power for 10 minutes per day; any longer than 10 minutes and the Thorn will take over Baam's mind and body before going berserk. After undergoing the first part of "Revolution" in the Rice Pot, Baam has gained a lot more control over the Thorn's augmentative powers being able to use it without any noticeable drawbacks other than general fatigue. While on the Hidden Floor, during a battle with the data of young Zahard, Bam fully ignited the Thorn. The increase in power allowed him to fight on par and eventually overwhelm young Zahard, though it exhausted Bam completely.