|This article contains information about Twenty-Fifth Baam, the main character and main protagonist of Tower of God. The most updated information about Baam from the most recent chapter can be found here. If you haven't caught up with the current Tower of God webtoon story, read at your own risk.|
|“||Stars, thrones, skies, the Outside World, I don't need any of those things. But if someone tries to hurt someone precious to me, I will fight.||”|
In Part I, Baam was very weak, having no particular skills except his determination and courage as a result of the years he spent trapped inside a cave. Although having no experience in fighting, Baam has already shown his most dangerous ability, that is "quick learning". For example, when he applied tactics and strategy in a board game against Rachel. At first, Baam experienced many defeats in the previous board game, but he quickly learns how to "slow down" his defeat, because he was motivated to get Rachel to spend more time with him. It seems that Baam can always be able to find the best or quickest solution to a problem within his realm of influence.
During the first half of Part I, Baam cannot fight at all. As seen in the first test of Second Floor when he encountered a member of Da-an Tribe. He hesitated to stab the enemy that was standing in front of him. Baam only got lucky that he didn't have to fight because most enemies have killed each other, and not to mention that he also met Khun Aguero Agnis. Again, at the event of the Crown Game Baam still cannot fight and he just sits on the throne while being protected by Khun Aguero and Rak Wraithraiser.
Later in the story, after undergoing hard training and taking a Wave Controller class at the floor of the test, Baam showed his capabilities to be an expert and prodigy at manipulating the shinsu (unlike most Regulars). Phonsekal Laure mentioned that Baam was born with "talent". Moreover, the wave controller class teacher, Ranker Ren complimented Baam as the 'most talented regular" and later even considered Baam as a possible Royal Enforcement Division candidate if he would become a Ranker in the future.
Baam only began showing his dangerous potential during the Hide-and-Seek's test when he "instantly copied" the Fast Skip technique of Quant Blitz in just a few seconds after his body came into contact with the technique. At first, Quant taught Baam about this technique only to give false hope to Baam in saving Rachel's life who was under Ho's threat, just for a brief moment while he rushes to take down the spear bearers first. Because Quant knew that Fast Skip normally takes decades to learn, even for a Ranker and it's impossible to learn it in such a short time. In the end, Baam succeeded in performing Quant's technique, much to the shock of the ranker. Quant then proceeded to ask "is that boy really a monster?".
By the end of Part I, Baam learned how to do close-range fight with hand to hand combat after training with Androssi and eventually became very good at dodging punches. Baam also killed the Bull with one shinsu shot, a feat which even Anak and Androssi couldn't pull off. However, it is later revealed that it is the water of the tank in which the test was held had Shinsu-enhancing properties which gave Baam a significant boost in power.
- Intuition: Despite not being much of a fighter, Baam has good fighting instincts, as shown when he correctly determines a Steel Eel's weakness within a few seconds.
- Exceptional Shinsu Resistance: Normally, a person would have immense difficulty moving in an area with an enormous density of shinsu as shown by the fact that female Steel Eels live within this area during the breeding season. However, Baam has demonstrated an amazing resistance to shinsu pressure, being able to move freely even in a dense shinsu environment of White Steel Eel's nest on Headon's first test, proving that he excels highly on such a field. This is also displayed during Lero-Ro's test when Baam was unaffected by the shinsu barrier that Lero-Ro, a Ranker, had cast, while the majority of the participating Regulars was being pushed back and thrown away by the barrier. Baam also was blasted by a powerful wave of shinsu by Hong Chunhwa's Ignition Weapon, Narumada, and emerged relatively unscathed by the attack.
- Shinsu Reading: He was able to see the white aura around Anak, which the other Regulars were not able to do, thus allowing him to tie against Lero-Ro in their bet regarding who would pass through the barrier first.
- Shinsu Genius: Though Baam initially knew nothing of shinsu, his ability to control shinsu is immense as well as his ability to rapidly learn new techniques - so much so that Ren (considered a genius Wave Controller) was astonished by his ability on the Floor of Test. Baam's potential far exceeds the normal Regulars and in one instance it appeared the shinsu around him attacked Hwa Ryun of its own accord. He is also able to use shinsu baangs without having formed a contract with a Guardian, something that is considered both impossible and against the very laws of The Tower.
- Fast Skip: He learns the "Fast Skip" technique within a few seconds and rapidly becomes able to use it at a reasonable range, which Quant reveals took him decades to learn. He was able to stop and freeze Quant for a few seconds.
In Part II, Baam has become so adept in combat that others are beginning to fear his strength and avoid him entirely. He is now openly declared a "monster" even by Rankers such as Love. Ja Wangnan describes him as the "Demon". He entirely overpowered the Regulars on the 20th Floor and has accomplished many feats that are far above the capabilities of an E-rank Regular. Such feats include handling a 2-on-1 battle against Akraptor and Horyang, another 2-on-2 fight against Novick and Ran (both of whom were in the Top 10 strongest E-rank Regulars) and another recent 2-on-1 battle against Ship Leesoo's team members Vespa and Aleksai Amigochaz regardless of his inability to use shinsu at the time. His notoriety has risen to the point where he is being compared to the Zahard's Princesses in terms of raw power.
As of Vol.2 Chapter 229, the god of guardians has deemed him "much stronger than the other Regulars". After his one-month training with the data self of Khun Eduan, Baam's power has increased to the point of holding his own against the data self of Zahard,ultimately stalemating him with the full power of the Thorn. Later, using Black March, the Thorn, and his true power, Baam was able to hold off two Rankers one versus two.
Great Charisma: Baam has shown quiet yet charismatic qualities that attract most people to him, regardless of his involvement with FUG. Novick notes that Baam is like a shining light that causes people to endlessly follow him.
Improved Agility: In Part II, his speed has increased to the point where he can appear next to someone to deliver a punch in a flash. However, his speed is not at the level of a Ranker yet as Love was able to outrun him to his connector. Regardless, he is almost always seen to be faster than the opponents he has faced, even if in a handicapped position. Later, during the last round of the Dallar Show even a Hoaqin that had already absorbed three of his siblings commented on his increasing speed.
Improved Intellect: In Part II, he has shown a lot of knowledge on various topics about the Tower that he did not know about in Part I. This is likely due to the training he received from FUG. Another example of his improved intellect is in his ability to outsmart Androssi using Emile and locate Beta despite the latter's attempts to fool his own pursuers.
Immense Reflexes: After communicating with the "Power" inside of him and receiving a little more 'power', Baam has since exhibited rapid, nigh-instantaneous reflexes. He was able to reflexively strike an opponent he couldn't perceive, barely a moment before the opponent was about to strike him. However his reflexes seem instinctual, with his body reacting on its own rather than with conscious thought. Baam showed more conscious control later on and was able to easily track, follow and read his opponent's attacks, allowing him to find an opening and retaliate with an attack of his own.
Martial Arts Practitioner: Baam displays knowledge of various fighting styles. He was trained by a High Ranker from the Ha Family, Ha Jinsung, although it is unknown what schools or types of arts he was taught by him. He also uses shinsu to enhance his skills to great effect. But even without shinsu, because of his knowledge in fighting, he was almost able to battle on par with Aleksai Amigochaz. During the one year time skip that leads up to the Hell Train arc, Baam visited a number of martial art dojos and families in the middle area and learned their martial arts by enduring their strikes and blows. He is also able to mix and merge together the individual skills of the various martial arts he knows and performs the skills simultaneously. Some of the martial arts he has learned include:
Improved Shinsu Reading: In Part II his ability to detect, sense, and see unusual shinsu improved greatly. He noticed the parasite that was controlling Yihwa in an instant and pulled it out with his bare hands. This implies that he is able to read shinsu in a similar manner to Laure. Baam himself acknowledges that the "Revolution" process changed something about him: during his fight with Kaiser, he becomes able to discern drops of shinsu scattered by invisible weapons and even manages to catch the latter bare-handed.
Exceptional Shinsu Control: Baam's ability to control shinsu improved greatly compared to Part I. His use of shinsu far exceeds the other regulars such as stopping and freezing even a ranker's movements. Not only are Baam's shinsu blasts far larger than those of other Regulars but he also tends to wield about twice the average number of baangs in comparison to Regulars of the same rank. On the 29th Floor, he was shown to be able to control at least five baangs, a feat which surprised Quaetro Blitz who was bragging about controlling a total of three and later stated that even the top 5 E-ranked Regulars could probably only create four at most. Soon after, during the fight with Reflejo at the Workshop Battle, he was shown utilising a total of 6 baangs. Currently, he is known to control up to 13 baangs. After the Hell Train time skip and after undergoing the first part of "Revolution", he was shown being capable of bending gigantic solid metal pipes at a distance in order to create a shortcut.
Lighthouse Control: Even though it is not his primary position, Baam has shown he can communicate with and use Lighthouses. In one instance, he manipulated three Lighthouses to somewhat enhance the effects of Fast Skip to stop Novick and protect himself from Ran's attack. He has also used it to create an enhanced shinsu barrier to block attacks and to alter his voice when Khun arrived at the Hand of Arlen. This shows that he could be able to manipulate at least three Lighthouses, although how much Xia Xia helped him is up for debate.
In Part III, the two years of intensive training Baam had undergone has allowed him to grow exponentially stronger, fully capable of completely overpowering even the strongest of C rank regulars and has even grown strong enough to fight and defeat Rankers without the Thorn, with SIU noting that he is the only Regular capable of doing so, seemingly making him the strongest Regular.  This was shown when he pinned down the Ranker sent at him by the Great Priest and quickly defeated one of the Ranker's from Baylord Paul's group without using the Thorn or Black March, with the latter Ranker not being able to use transformation. His level of improvement surprised Karaka, who noted that Baam was much stronger than he initially believed, and this caused Doom to want to turn him into a canine person, and forced Gado to decide to deal with Baam himself. Baam has even grew powerful enough to fight against a High Ranker,  as when he fought Gado, Baam was able to block his attacks and injure him with his own partial transformation, something Gado thought ordinary Rankers incapable of. After igniting the Thorn, Baam was able to cleanly cut off Gado's leg after hitting his weak spot. Baam was later able to defeat another powerful Ranker Daleet, who was the second strongest of the Ranker guards of the Wall of Peaceful Coexistence, albeit with help from Khun and Rak. He was even able to defeat the Test Ranker Pan in one-on-one combat despite not using the Thorn or Black March, nor his more powerful techniques like the Shinwonryu. This display earned him great acclaim for besting a Ranker as a C-Rank Regular, causing him to become known as being even more gifted than Adori Zahard (who is considered to be the strongest of the Zahard princesses alongside Eurasia Enne Zahard and is ranked 7th after Khun Eduan). The victory not only inspired many of Zahard's opposers to take interest in the Slayer Candidate but also caused those in FUG to support Baam and even made the Elders unable to pretend to not notice him. By the time he finished his training, Baam was able to handle the elite Ranker Charlie without much effort, breaking his Needle and forcing him into defensive, while considering him just a "good warm-up", meaning he wasn't fighting him at full power, the display impressing Zahard's Army, who commented on how great his level is for a Regular, with Charlie noting on how far he had advanced. Hwa Ryun noted that Baam's potential vastly exceeded every spectating Zahard's Army Rankers to the point that it's like a bunch of shrimps against a giant shark. Charlie also stated that Baam wasn't even using a tenth of his power when they were fighting, further showing that Baam at full power would hypothetically be as strong as at least 10 Rankers of Charlie's level. Upon using the Thorn, Baam proved powerful enough to damage Kallavan, a feat that Karaka, a High Ranker and Slayer of FUG, was not able to achieve, with Kallavan noting that Baam has the potential to threaten Zahard in the future
- Immense Shinsu Mastery: Over the three years of training, Baam's shinsu control has dramatically improved, fully capable of using high-level techniques without strain such as his new gigantic orb and several other new techniques he had acquired, being able to harm and defeat even Rankers, with them commenting on how beyond Regular level his shinsu techniques seemed to be.
- Wide Range Shinsu Control Skill - Rainfall (우(雨)): Baam gathers large amounts of shinsu in abstract shapes, which spread across the battlefield and swirl around. Then the shinsu falls across the battlefield like rain and pierces the enemy wherever it falls. Baam killed dozens of Baylord Yama's trained combat war dogs in seconds using Rain. This technique is reminiscent of Enryu's Red Rain.
- Shinsu Control Skill - Wide-Range Skill: Streamflow: (신수제어술 광역기 천(川)): Baam gathers a large amount of shinsu in a spiral and makes it into a wide, swirling current. When used on Varagarv, it is strong enough to break Varagarv through the floor and blow him out of the building, even with Blood Tamara activated.
- Twenty-Fifth Baam Style Wave Explosion - Zero(0) (스물다섯번째 밤 류 공파술 제로(0)): Baam makes Varagrav screech in pain after using this technique even while holding back, which implies that he could possibly kill someone when used at full strength. He learned this technique from Ha Chai. Baam used this technique again when he intends to wake up Baylord Yama. However, Yama was only able to wake up because Baam combined his "Zero" technique with Karaka's White Day. Karaka also noted that although Baam's technique isn't as strong as his, but it was unbelievably powerful for a Regular. Baam was also able to use this technique to finish off the Test Ranker Pan.
- Shinwonryu (신원류): Baam has increased his Shinwonryu power significantly. He was able to break a sleeping Yama's grip on his hand with it. Using this technique, he also caused a sleeping Baylord Yama to partially wake up. Baam later neutralized an attack from Dowon's Flower Shinsu Skill, surprising her who commented on Baam's very special powers. Baam was even able to use this to quickly neutralize a Ranker-level poison that was in the needle used by Charlie when he got scratched by it and could easily repel Charlie's White Noise, impressing him. Baam's Shinwonryu had also grown potent enough to threaten Kallavan, potentially inflicting damage, forcing Kallavan to react to the attack and blast him away before it could land.
- Twenty-Fifth Baam Style - Lethal Move: Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique (스물다섯번째 밤류 화접 공파술): Using the technique he learned from Ha Jinsung and making it into his own technique, Baam was able to bring a Ranker from Baylord Paul's group to his knees after hitting him on the arm.
- Twenty-Fifth Baam Style - Transcendental Move: Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique - Twin Wings (Black and White Wings): Baam uses this technique with both the 1st and 2nd thorn fragments activated, along with his true power. It is strong enough to severely injure Kallavan's right arm to the point that Kallavan said he could feel the attack through his entire body, and if the attack went a little bit deeper, it would have severed his entire right arm.
- Increased Speed: Baam's speed has also grown considerably, being able to keep up with a Ranker in straight-up combat, as shown by how he could match the Ranker from Paul's group in hand-to-hand combat and even managed to get a chance to land powerful techniques to ultimately defeat him and could also dodge attacks from a holding-back Gado, with Gado praising his speed. Although not a match for Gado's speed once he used his partial transformation, he was still able to react to his attacks and block them with his own transformation. When activating the Thorn, he was able to dodge an attack from Kallavan and even get a grip on his hand when Karaka diverted the direction of his punch.
|This section is about the Baam's power and ability of Instant Replication. Baam can copy the opponents' techniques, regardless it's ranker-level or regular-level, simply by seeing it once or taken direct contact to his body.|
Though Baam can copy Ranker-level techniques easily, it has been noted that he lacks some of the power behind the attacks (relative to a Ranker). His ability to copy techniques extends to him being able to replicate physical techniques after reading a person's movements and then learning the technique upon impact. It was thanks to this aspect that he was able to learn many types of martial arts during the Hell Train time skip. The following is a list of shinsu techniques copied from his battles and the person who he copied it from:
In part II, FUG chose Baam to be an experimental subject to create a living ignition weapon. FUG implanted the "Fake Thorn" or so they named it, inside Baam's body. The Fake Thorn is a container that was prepared to hold the real Thorn and was used to summon and bind it to Baam. Although it is called the Fake Thorn is not impotent by itself, as seen when a large "scar" is cut into the wall when Reflejo first gives Baam the replica. And when it was used to grant Baam the strength to overcome both Aleksai Amigochaz and Vespa at the same time. When activated, the Fake Thorn generates a red beam or spark instead of materializing as a physical thorn.
It turns out that the FUG, in this case, those under Karaka's party and Karaka himself, actually intended to melt Baam with the real Thorn as soon he becomes one with it at the workshop. It is because Karaka wants Enryu's Thorn to be equipped with Baam's unique power "Technique Replication". In the end, using the Fake Thorn as a container to summon the real one, Baam obtained the weapon FUG wants to kill Zahard with, floating over the same shoulder Horyang has his wing. Karaka's plan failed and Baam managed to escape from the workshop. When it was still wrapped inside the container, Hwa Ryun expressed that she had some doubts if Baam could actually activate it "properly". When Baam uses shinsu. the Thorn reacts to it giving it a blue or purple glow similar to almost enhancing it; as Ron Mei said that he didn't know how to use it properly yet, it is certain that it wasn't the Thorn's real power. Judging by the reactions of the onlookers at the time, the Thorn was still in a dormant state and it was wrapped, concealed appearance did not reflect its perfected form. During the battle against Reflejo, the real Thorn fully unwrapped itself, revealing its original appearance, along with orange rings of energy circling around it, and was considered by Reflejo to have 'chosen' Baam as its master. When awakened, the Thorn allowed Baam's Flow Control to be effective against the previously immune Reflejo and Khun deduced that it was forcibly controlling the shinsu around the area, a power that he considered "near god-like". Finally, Baam was able to use it to deal a devastating red beam-like punch that ripped right through Reflejo's torso.
SIU said that the weapon wasn't fully activated yet and that it may work differently depending on who's using it, meaning that we haven't even seen its full power yet. Also, SIU has mentioned that it is indeed a growing weapon meaning it can grow to be stronger than it already is and that it would burst out when needed.
A year after the events of the Workshop Battle, Baam gained greater control over the thorn's power, during the "Crazy Yellow Ball" game, he was able to use some of the thorn's power without (aside from Hwaryun) any of the onlookers realizing. He was now up to a level where he could actively use the Thorn's power for 10 minutes per day; any longer than 10 minutes and the Thorn would take over Baam's mind and body before going berserk. In this berserk state, both Baam's physical and shinsu abilities skyrocketed, forcing Rachel's team to escape into the Hell Express.
After undergoing the first part of "Revolution" in the Rice Pot, Baam gained a lot more control over the Thorn's augmentative powers being able to use it without any noticeable drawbacks other than general fatigue. His power and control improves even further throughout his journey on the Hell Express as he continued his "Revolution" and battled on the Name Hunt Station and the Floor of Death
It was then revealed that the Thorn that Baam got from the workshop, wasn't the only one. It's only the 1st out of 4 fragments. Karaka admitted his crimes and plan of the workshop battle to kill Baam at the name hunt station when Baam asked him why he personally came to see him. Although Karaka said that he is no longer interested in the Thorn that Baam owned and he said to just forget it, it was later revealed that he's after the 2nd Thorn fragment on the Floor of Death. Once again, Karaka's plan to get the 2nd Thorn fragment failed miserably because Hell Joe's plan got wrecked and he actually lied to Karaka. Later, Baam was granted access to retrieve the 2nd Thorn fragment by the head of Po Bidau Family, Gustang with the condition that Baam retrieves something from the hidden floor.
While on the Hidden Floor, Baam completed his "Revolution" with the help of Khun Eduan (Data) in preparation for his battle with the data of young Zahard. During their fight, Baam fully ignited the Thorn. The increase in power allowed him to fight on par and eventually overwhelm young Zahard, though it exhausted Baam completely. After their battle, a data version of adult Zahard appeared and threatened to kill Baam, causing the second thorn fragment to activate and drag Baam out of the Hidden Floor.
After escaping the Hidden Floor, Baam trained with the "God" of guardians to gain control over the power of the 2nd thorn fragment. During the battle of the Last Station, Baam used both thorns to attack Kallavan.
Currently, Baam owns 2 Thorn fragments and is on a journey to collect the 3rd fragment. There is a large number of Baam's techniques that were combined with the Thorn's power and it will most likely increase more.
Power of The Souls
When the White's Final Clone was impressed by Baam's determination of "not to sacrificed other people", she decided to grant Baam part of the several billion vengeful souls that made up her being. The clone stated that if Baam could withstand their resentment and bitterness then he would be granted tremendous power. It held a tremendous power because it is the culmination of White's stored power when he was once a FUG slayer and high ranker. Baam quickly adjusted to this power and used it to overpower Hoaqin. After defeating Hoaqin, Baam noted that the souls' power had disappeared. However, this doesn't mean the souls have disappeared from Baam's body since White's clone stated that the spirits inside of him will help in the future. This was confirmed when Baam and Hockney went to the inner part of 43rd Floor, which requires the person to be stripped of their soul by Soul Devourers and becoming the 'dead'. When Soul Devourers tried to take Baam's soul, they end up pulling a line of souls out of his body instead. The completed White later on stated that Baam not only had the power and right to withstand the power of the souls but had also found a way to wield that power, which would increase his power dramatically and though it would not be enough to defeat Kallavan, it would still be enough to quickly close the gap between them.
At first, Baam was capable of using the soul's power on several occasions to strengthen his other power, like when he increased the offensive power of the Shinwonryu on the final battle against Hell Joe at the floor of death, but the only technique derived from this power was the Technique Replication of Arie Hoaqin's swordsmanship which used the medium of a shinsu sword created from the hatred of the souls.
After White, at his prime, purposefully displayed the full extent of how he uses the power of souls to create his blade, Baam was quickly able to replicate it's effects successfully, impressing White, and then form a bow, with which a single arrow was able to teleport everyone in the Cage to save them from the 4th Corps Flagship's explosion.
During the Hell Train arc at the Rice Pot Training with the God of the Guardian, Baam was able to meet with the Blue Thryssa for the first time. According to the Blue Thryssa, his power is the power that can bring Baam quickly straight to the top of the tower, to become a god-like being. Although Baam later refused the Blue Thryssa's offer because Baam simply didn't trust the blue Thryssa and said that the Blue Thryssa was a fake power that tried to corrupt, tricked, and guided him in the wrong way.
It was later confirmed, that the Blue Thryssa is not actually a fake power like what Baam believed, when Hell Joe who was merged with Red Thryssa's power, felt the power of the Blue Thryssa inside Baam's body and feared of its presence. Hell Joe was so shocked as to why Baam has such power inside him, he said that the Blue Thryssa's power is equal to the power of the Guardian.
Blue Thryssa - Level One Transformation:
Blue Shield: During the battle with Kallavan, Baam thought of a way to protect himself without the help of others. Because of this, Baam was able to transform by using the Blue Thryssa's power. This power created a blue shield on Baam's left arm. It was able to repel 2 attacks from Kallavan before it was broken.
After its defeat at the hands of Urek Mazino and Baam, it appeared that there is a red entity that went inside of Baam's body. It was then confirmed by Urek Mazino that the red thing that went inside of Baam is the Red Thryssa, saying that he was surprised as to why he suddenly felt there is the Red Thryssa's vibe and aura came from Baam. Currently, there are no known techniques derived from this power. Although, there is a scene where Baam was shown to be trying to control an Orb, with the Red Thryssa seeming to help him.
Red Thryssa - Level One Transformation:
Sword: During the battle with Gado, Baam was able to transform parts of his body into the Red Thryssa like Hell Joe. This Level 1 Transformation is strong enough to break through a High-Ranker's attack and even harm them in the process.
Red Thryssa - Level Two Transformation:
Sword: After igniting the Thorn, Baam was able to progress his transformation to level two. The blade of the transformation grows longer, thinner, and becomes lined with red shinsu. This transformation's attack, when combined with a Shinsu Black-Hole Sphere, was able to cut off Gado's transformed leg after Canzon pinned him down and held up his weak spot.
After realizing that Baam is not an ordinary regular, Data Zahard released his Golden Needle, intending to kill him. This is the same Golden Needle that Data Zahard used to kill Data Asensio and Khun Icardi (Data). However, Baam survived the attack after his Orb created a shinsu barrier field. This barrier is strong enough to defend against an attack like Zahard's Golden Needle.Orb - Rapid-Fire Shinsu CannonThorn-Enhanced Shinsu Orb
This ability appears as though countless bangs of shinsu are emitted and combined to form a tremendous impact, like that of a cannon. Baam first used this self-created technique to subdue the Divine Sea Fish that attacked Khun Kiseia.Orb - Spatial ControlThorn-Enhanced Shinsu Orb
After Kiseia surrendered to Baam, both of them were surprised by Rak's sworn enemy behind Kiseia. When the eel was about to attack Kiseia, Baam released his Thorn-Enhanced Shinsu Orb's power and shot a multiple red waves of shinsu. Through this technique, Baam is able to control all of the terrifying power he experiences and unleashes it in the form of overwhelming pulsating waves. This gives onlookers the impression that shinsu is enveloping the entire area in Baam's vicinity, appearing as though Baam is in control of the entire space.
After the data Viole has escaped the ice wall of KhunAA's during the battle, Baam was seen to controlled his orb power and soon was attacked by data Viole with a single massive shinsu shot across his face. Baam quickly throw his orb and released a single powerful beam of energy across the ground from high in the sky, tearing a deep crevice into the earth several meters long and wide.
Baam was able to compress debris and other materials from the surrounding around his black hole orb in order to protect him from Data Zahard's attacks.
Baam is able to break up his black hole sphere orb and scattered it into many pieces to create a barrier against attacks he can't fully defend himself against. It was strong enough to cause Data Zahard's fist to bleed. Scattered the orb to defend against Zahard's hard punch.Orb - Defense ModePost Revolution
After Baam showed his real power, Data Zahard intended to test Baam's power upgrade by attacking him without a chance to rest with the second form of Lecalicus, "Coelacanth". He followed up by summoning several dozen Baam's to atack Baam from all angles, which Baam reacted to putting the orb into defense mode.Post Revolution
After showing his real power, his intense black shinsu seems to be merged with Baam's Shinwonryu. It's strong enough to devour the eel Shinheuh of Lecalicus and partially block the Cosmos skill of Data Zahard.
First Revolution: After going through the first part of his Revolution, Baam displayed immense growth, seamlessly destroying Hell in a Cell's shinsu chains and defeating one of Yama's Mad Dogs with the thorn. Baam was also able to confront and to some extent match Hoaqin who already absorbed three of his siblings.
Second Revolution: Before reaching the Name Hunt Station, Baam experienced a second revolution after which Baam was able to avoid Kaiser's invisible attacks, utilize seven Baangs, and effortlessly defeat Yukan, one of the stronger Regulars among the Ten Bosses, without using the thorn.
Post Revolution: After completing his Revolution on the Hidden Floor, Baam gained a better understanding of himself and his power. This allows him to enter a new form. In this form, his shinsu turns black and grey. Two horns, one blue and one red, also form on his head. Later he also gained two black wings made out of shinsu with Blue Oar disks beneath them. Baam commented that this allowed him to use Blue Oar faster than the usual way. With this mode, he is able to force Data Zahard to use more of his power.
- Twenty-Fifth Night Style: Extreme Black-Winged Butterfly Attack (스물다섯번째 밤 류 극의 진 흑익 화접공파술): Baam's personal style of Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique, this is the first of Twenty-Fifth Night style. It was powerful enough to blow Data Zahard back a large distance while his guard was raised and damaged part of his mask.
- Twenty Fifth Night Style Special Skill: Extreme Blue Oar (스물다섯번째 밤 류 특수기 진 청노): Baam's personal version of Blue Oar where he tremendously increases the diameter of the disk. When used against Data Zahard, it cut through and destroyed much of the arena they were fighting in. It is also called "Ultimate Blue Shield" in LINE Webtoons.
- Baam-type Shinsu Control Skill: Orb - Defense Mode (밤류 신수 제어술 오브 방어 모드): Baam covers himself with dark blue shinsu shaped like a sphere. It was able to completely block 21 baangs from Data Zahard. 
- Blue Oar - Wings Mode: Baam unconsciously created this variation of the Blue Oar in his fight against Data Zahard to improve his maneuverability in battle.
- 'Twenty-Fifth Night' Baam Style Shinsu Control Skill: Endless Sky (밤 류 신수제어술 장천): Baam combined the power of the Black March and his Endless Sky to perform a powerful attack that was capable of destroying Great Whaley, which the Altar Director claimed was able to withstand most attacks, in just a single attack.
Shinsu Loop is a special technique that "gathers and stores" shinsu non-stop and releases it. Yu Han Sung explained the theory of this technique to Baam because he himself cannot use it, requiring stability in dividing shinsu power. Baam was able to overcome this weakness due to him being "blessed by shinsu", meaning, his shinsu power has stability and never gets weaker as he divides his shinsu power. Han Sung specifically invented this technique's concept to help Baam become strong enough to defeat Kallavan. Baam creates a revolving ring of shinsu in order to perform this shinsu loop.
Ordinarily, a person's shinsu power will decrease as the amount of Baangs they control rise. But, in Baam's case, his shinsu power remains the same no matter how much baangs he uses. Since he is the exception, he can continue to gather the shinsu around him. People like Baam are often called as people that are "Blessed by Shinsu". The so-called "Genius Wave Controller" Yu Han Sung wasn't even quite as blessed as Baam, although the shinsu he controls is as pure as Baam's (pure shinsu is identical to water). List of skills or techniques related to Shinsu Loop:
- Focused Shinsu Control Skill - Water Dragon (집중형 신수 제어술-수룡)
- Focused Shinsu Control Skill - Chang Dragon (집중형 신수 제어술-창룡)
- In one instance, he manipulated three Lighthouses to somewhat enhance the effects of his Fast Skip to freeze Ran's attack and also freeze Novick from stealing the bomb detonator. He can also use lighthouse to 'alter' his voice when Khun arrived at the Hand of Arlen.
This shows that he could be able to manipulate at least three Lighthouses, although how much Xia Xia helped him is up for debate.
Bomberman and Explosives
Baam now has completely grasped the knowledge about bomb devices. He learns this ability in part II after helping Traveller installing some booby traps to destroy workshop patrol. Baam showing this ability again in part III when he purposely surrendering himself to get captured by Varagarv to sneak up inside the shelter to find Deng-Deng. He brings a bag that later was revealed to be a bomb.
Healing Exoskeleton: When Baam is wounded, a crimson lobster-like exoskeleton forms on the exterior of his body which heals his wounds. However, it is not effective for every wound, as it was not activated after his battle with Urek Mazino. Ja Wangnan observes that it must have limits to the degree of wounds it can heal.
Horyang suspects that it may be an example of a living Ignition Weapon. Baam has no idea of its true identity nor how to utilize it upon command. Although, it is mentioned that the lobster was originally a demon that rivalled a god and is able to ignite the true Thorn.Baam commented to Horyang that it was implanted within him by FUG when he was first recruited; apparently, it was well hidden in the water tank on the 2nd Floor. This skill has not been used since.
- Black March (temporary): One of the 13th Month Series, it is a B-rank Needle that has only been seen Ignited when used by Baam. Yuri Zahard lent it to Baam to be used at Headon's Test, but he later carried it to the Second Floor tests before he lost it in a bet to Anak Zahard; it was later retrieved again by Yuri Zahard. Black March is currently inside Baam as it was absorbed during the battle at the Last Station.