Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, certain users can access a few additional functions.
The following information concerns the English Tower of God Wiki's administration. For a comprehensive list of Tower of God Wiki's administrative history, visit the user rights log.
Bureaucrats, known on the Tower of God Wiki as Floor Guardians, control user rights and can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on the wiki. They are a step above an admin.
Bureaucrats can grant or revoke rollback rights for users, as well as promote users into moderators and/or chat moderators. Also, Bureaucrats can turn other users into admins or bureaucrats.
All bureaucrats on the Tower of God Wiki have admin, content moderator, thread moderator and chat moderator rights and usually, have the final say on things. Bureaucrats have the "FLOOR GUARDIAN" tag on their user pages.
Who are this wiki's Guardians?
- Demotivator; Semi-Active.
Administrators, known on the Tower of God Wiki as Rulers. Administrators have the "RULER" tag appear on their user pages. They are users who have additional functions and abilities on the wiki including:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be modified by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing.
- "Rollback" undesired edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Who are this wiki's Rulers?
- Clash.Bikash; Active.
Becoming an administrator
For a user to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat rights must grant the user administrator rights. To request them, you may simply ask on the Community Portal, ask on the Forums or you can ask a bureaucrat directly on their talk page.
If there are no active bureaucrats, use the "Requests for adminship" page to nominate users to become admins or bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide the rights.
These sets of users are those who hold specific extra abilities on the wiki, although not to the level of admins.
Content moderators, also known on the as Test Admins, are users who have additional tools available to moderate parts of the community that host the wikia community's content. Content moderators have the "TEST ADMIN" tag appear on their user pages.
Content Moderators are capable of:
- Deleting and moving protected pages
- Deleting and moving files
- Undeleting pages and files
- Reupload files
- Protecting and unprotecting pages
- Patrol pages if the community has the RecentChanges patrol feature enabled
Thread moderators, also known on the Tower of God Wiki as Test Admins, are users who have additional tools available to manage conversations in various features across the community where users are having social discussions (such as on the Forums). Thread mods have the "TEST ADMIN" tag appear on their user pages.
Thread Moderators are capable of:
- Removing and restoring threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads
- In the Forum feature specifically, moderators also have the ability to manage Forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Moderating chat
- Deleting blog comments
- Editing and deleting article comments
Chat moderators, also known as Test Admins, are users who have chat moderator status in chat in order to moderate the wiki's chat room. Chat mods have the "TEST ADMIN" tag appear on their user pages. They are able to block users from chat, which will kick a user out of the chat and ban them from returning until a chat moderator or an admin removes "Banned from chat" at Special:UserRights.
Who are this wiki's Test Admins?
A user who is a Content Moderator, Thread Moderator and and Chat moderator simultaneously is known on the Tower of God Wiki as a Test Director. They can be considered one step down from an admin.