Sachi Faker (사치 페이커, Sachi Peikeo), also known as the "Ticket Hunter", is a D-rank Regular and part of the top 3 predators within the Hell Express. He is apparently the one that Regulars should be most afraid of at the first station. He boarded the Hell Express with the main goal of stopping Hoaqin.
600 years ago Sachi undertook the Hell Express when a Slayer candidate gradually killed everyone on board until, in the end, there were only five survivors left; he and three others forfeited when one of the five survivors ended up dying. During this experience on the Hell Express, he, Aka Williams, Boro, Daniel Hatchid and Roen were the five survivors.
Appearance and Personality
Sachi looks much like he did 600 years ago, with fair skin, drooping crimson coloured hair and similar coloured eyes. He currently has a black eyepatch-like thing covering his left eye.
He appeared to be quite easygoing in the past but this has changed into a more serious persona in the present. He seems to blame Boro for Daniel going the wrong way and came to the conclusion to avoid him because of his personality.
At the 37th Floor station, Wooden Horse, Sachi arrived with Aka whilst blaming Boro for Daniel taking the wrong path. After being filled in on what Daniel was planning to do, Sachi reflected on his thoughts of when Aka came to find him before saying that he happened to be around thanks to Emile.
At the 'Altar' Boro, Aka and Sachi witnessed Hoaqin coming out of the train with Boro noting that he looked smaller than last time. Boro then watched in dismay as Hoaqin effortlessly decimated a large amount of the Regulars at the station.
Later, with only 10 minutes left to board the train, Boro and company raced towards the stairs of the train but caught the attention of Hoaqin on the way. With freak lightning interrupting Hoaqin's assault, Baam, Koon and Rak swiftly arrived on the stairs leading into the train. Daniel told them all he wouldn't let them on to the train and that they would take control of the train until Hoaqin was whole and Roen was alive. Sachi then said that it was their job to talk sense into Daniel. A brief scuffle broke out between the two sides but it was interrupted when they were all teleported to the train conductor's office. He introduced himself and then informed them about a game that would decide who would become the Slayer candidate in a month's time. At that, he teleported them away to different locations in the train.
Their group immediately encountered the guardian Yokim and they planned on taking him down until Hwa Ryun suggested that from that point onwards, Baam was to take all tests by himself in order to prepare for challenging Hoaqin. Sachi then watched as Baam took on Yokim and discussed with Boro about Baam's lack of killing intent and how he wouldn't be able to match Hoaqin if he didn't develop it; Baam eventually defeated Yokim and they passed the stage.
During their traversing of the train's pathways, the group eventually encountered the "god" of guardians. Sachi and Boro suggested turning back due to the guardian's fearsome reputation and power, but Baam adamantly decided to stay and challenge the "god" of guardians. At that, the guardian snatched Baam up and took him away. Boro and the others then waited for three weeks for Baam to return.
Eventually Baam hurriedly returned and the group narrowly made it to the 4th stage in time.
Sachi and the others listened to the rules of the Dallar Show and then watched as Koon coolly won the first round. During the second round game, "Transferring the sweetfish", Sachi was partnered with Aka and Boro. As they navigated the surprisingly treacherous pipes, the three of them determined that stopping Hoaqin was more important than winning the round.
Sachi noted that because the train conductor had died, they would have to take a substitute test to reach the 39th Floor. While taking substitute test, Sachi uses Silence of Rose to bind the guardian for Baam to strike it.
When Baam's group descended upon the Name Hunt Station and got attacked by a group of regulars, Sachi used his vines to hold them in place and noted how Viole's name being called upon in the list of entering regulars must mean that someone on the floor knows his real identity and suggested to move quickly.
When introducing the 'Four Lords of FUG', Xia-Xia named Sachi as 'The Cruel Wizard'.
Following the 'Four Lords of FUG' introduction, Sachi was split off from the main group to head towards the no-named area and lure out the 10 bosses.
After Rak and Yeon were captured as hostages, Sachi was assigned to the hostage team 'Hwaryun' together with Hwa Ryun, Boro and Novick.
While looking for the hostages, Sachi and his group first ran into one of the 10 bosses - J.M, who was quickly dispatched by Novick. Later, they ran into the boss Lulu who tried to defeat the group by entrapping them in a Shinsoo bubble, which Sachi single-handedly reflected using his vines.
When the battle between Yuri and Karaka started at the bridge leading into the Hell Train, Sachi escaped to the train together with the rest of Baam's group.
Powers and Abilities
Sachi is said to possess outstanding physical ability and "special" Shinsoo controlling abilities. Also it is said that he is "absolutely" powerful at "one-vs-many" battles. It is stated that he is among the three strongest D-rank Regulars. He notes that he experimented with "forbidden spells that deal with souls" and lost an eye as a result of a "sin" he committed.
Sachi possesses a wand with which he can directly attack or cast a special spell.
- Silence of Rose : Sachi trained for hundreds of years to master this spell. When he uses this spell, his left eye starts to glow. When using this spell, thorny tendril-like vines emit from the wand, which bind the target and won't release until it dies.
Notes and Trivia
- He is probably named after the Italian former football coach Arrigo Sacchi, or Argentine former football player Federico Sacchi.
- His last name might be derived from "Faker", one of the most famous League of Legends player in Korea.
- Sachi means luxury or extravagance in Korean.
- While in Japanese it means luck, happiness, or desire.
- SIU has stated that he had the highest level of combat skill other than Baam and Androssi in team Baam.
- His earrings had a similar shape to Kallavan's Essence of Bravery. However it's still unknown whether there is a related connection between them or not.
- (To Boro) "Only if you did your job properly, Daniel wouldn't have gone the wrong way. You being so irresolute made everything turn out to be like this, Boro."
- (Talking about Baam) "I'm not sure.. Maybe he has some conviction. I don't know what kind of feeling he is talking about, but since we have come this far. Let's trust that boy."
- (Talking about Baam to Boro) "There is something strange about that boy. His skills or shinsoo resistance seem to be at top level amongst D-class. He isn't someone whom Yokim can defeat with petty tricks. However the essential factor for a fight is missing from that boy. That boy doesn't have any "Will to Kill" towards his enemy at all."
- (Talking about Baam to Boro) "The will to kill the enemy. No matter how well you uses your skills, it is useless at a crucial moment if you lack that will."
- (To Boro and Aka) "You both are pathetic! Have you only been idling around in the train during all there years?"
- (To Anna) "I have been training myself, Hoaqin!! Never a night after that day..! I would fall asleep without any regret or wrath!! But how could we forget everything and be happy?!!"
- (Thinking about Roen) "To be honest, we resented her. Maybe we are the ones who killed her. After we found a spell to seal Hoaqin, and that one of us had to be sacrificed, we naturally thought that it had to be her. That's how we had thought."
- (To Hoaqin) "Fine, I will do it. I will give up my life. But exclude these guys. I will trade him with myself. I will give you my life for Daniel."
- (Talking about Baam to Boro) "I'm not sure. I guess he just forgot the game and didn't want to see anyone die. Anyway one thing is clear, that boy is getting quicker with each decent. Maybe the bloodthrist that he experienced for the first time in this situation is what's drawing all of his hidden power out from within him."
- (Talking about Miseng to Boro) "It feels like she's suddenly become an adult in the brief time that I haven't seen her."
- (Talking to Boro before entering the Floor of Death) "Stop hesitating and just jump in. I will cry for you if you die. You are a side character anyway, it doesn't matter if you die."
- (Talking to himself) "I wonder whether this trip will have sad ending or a happy ending. I guess we are about to find out."
- (To Boro after they departs from the Last Station) "Still we are doing the right thing. Leaving like this, I mean. Climbing the Tower all together is too dangerous. I'm sure we will run into them again on the Tower someday. That was a nice trip."