Urek Mazino once discovered the Red Thryssa during his last visit to the Floor of Death. At that time it was still weak, however, Urek realised its power had properties similar to that of a Guardian. At first, Mazino wondered what to do with it. Ultimately he decided to hand over that power to a person who would use it properly. Having encountered Hell Joe at one of the holes on his previous trip to the 43rd Floor, Urek deemed Joe to be suitable to use its power, entrusting it to him, thus Hell Joe acquired personal usage of the Red Thryssa's powers. After its defeat at the hands of Urek Mazino and Baam, it appeared as a red orb that went inside Baam. Urek Mazino was surprised that he felt the Red Thryssa inside of Baam.
Appearance and Personality
The Red Thryssa is a lizard-like entity with a primarily light grey body and blood red claws, spines and fangs. While still a juvenile creature it had a small body with a pair of arm-like extensions tipped with a long claw each and a spiny tail. When it was merged with Hell Joe and took control of his body, the Red Thryssa took on the form of a completely blood red version of Joe with all his devilish features more pronounced and the addition of a long spiked tail. After being separated from Hell Joe, the Red Thryssa was larger with a large goat-like head with blood red eyes, a mouth filled with sharp fangs and a pair of long spine-like horns protruding from the sides of its head. It also had four pairs of blood red rib-like spines protruding from either side of its body and a pair of incredibly large wings sprouting from its back.
It came into being from a small part that had been severed from the Guardian's corpse. Because it retains all its memories prior to its death at the hands of Enryu the Red Thryssa is extremely arrogant of its apparent god-like power and former status as a Guardian.
Powers and Abilities
The Red Thryssa's predatory abilities are so powerful that it can bypass the immortality spell cast on the 43rd Floor, enabling it to paralyse and then absorb the powers of Floor of Death inhabitants once it bites them. It has been likened as the natural enemy of Floor of Death inhabitants.
Urek Mazino said that this monster is born of the deceased 43rd Guardian's corpse, essentially being its 'child'. SIU commented that it is closer to a part of the dead Guardian, rather than its "cub"; it still remains incredibly powerful. To that end, the Red Thryssa has complete governance over the shinsu in South City.
- Red Thryssa: Blood Messiah (붉은바리 블러드 메시아, Bulg-eun Bari Beulleodeu Mesia): It allows the user to absorb all the shinsu in the vicinity so that any other people suffocate to death.
Notes and Trivia
- It may have been named after the Hong Kong grouper.
- The Red Thryssa could not speak without a host.
- It bleeds a green-coloured blood.
- Red Bari (zumisumi)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Vol.2 Ch.245: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (14)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.249: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (18)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Vol.2 Ch.253: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (22)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.248: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (17)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.248: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (17); Blog Post
- ↑ Relevant Korean Wikipedia page
- ↑ Zumisumi's analysis
- ↑ Zumisumi's translation