|“||It seems you're mistaken about something. I have no problem eliminating you even without using Shinsoo. There is only one reason I am avoiding you with my Shinsoo. It's because I don't want to kill Regulars with my own hands. Remember that.||”|
—Quant to Ship Leesoo
All that is known about Quant's history is that he made it to the 134th Floor of the Tower, became a Ranker, received a rank, became friends with Lero-Ro, received employment at Evankhell's Hell and received a B-level Pocket.
Appearance and Personality
Quant has red hair and red eyes. He has a darker skin color compared to those of other characters. He is seen mostly wearing a white lab coat like Lero-Ro, but without the legs flared out.
He is essentially the classic maniac archetype, which is common for the Blitz Family. He has a short temper, is extremely cocky and overall is very childlike. He is a bit of a slacker, as shown when instead of handling the Second Floor tests as he was meant to, he simply let the Regulars go on "a 30-minute killing spree". He seems to be at least above average intelligence, as seen during the Hide-and-Seek game. Still, because of his hot temper, he was easily manipulated and tricked by Koon Aguero Agnis as well as Hachuling, who managed to take away all of his life savings by playing with his emotions. Quant has also been shown to use restraint, such as in the fight with Hatsu, as the latter noted that Quant could have finished him anytime he wanted but chose rather see the limits of Hatsu's skills.
After the Regulars went up to the next Floor, he was fired by Yu Han Sung after Lero-Ro quit his position as Examiner. Quant claims not to be involved with him but even after warning him that where he was going was a "hellish place" he still follows Lero-Ro to the 77th Floor, to the headquarters of the Wolhaiksong.Hachuling of Wolhaiksong. After receiving a sudden call from Yuje, Hachuling offered them a job that would allow them to become Wolhaiksong interns. Wolhaiksong suspendiship. As the battles reached their climax, Quant helped Lero-Ro in his fight with a FUG Ranker by flying the ship at him. When the ship was landed close by, the group was approached by another Ranker associated with FUG who threatened to attack them. Quant prepared to fight when the assailant suddenly retreated. Later, onboard the ship, Quant was seen conversing with Quaetro.
At the Wolhaiksong resort, the Wolhaiksong members are talking when the Hell Express was brought up, with Quant reminiscing about his knowledge of the Hell Express.
A few days later, Quant was seen talking to Quaetro, with the latter claiming how popular Quant was for being in so many commercials.
Powers and Abilities
 While Quant's emotional outbursts can cloud his judgment he is still quite capable, being able to determine the strategy of the Team A and accurately calculate the time required to join their positions against him during the Hide-and-Seek game. Nonetheless, he is a powerful combatant who is likely on a level similar to Lero-Ro
Excellent Physical Skills: Quant has demonstrated quite strong close combat capabilities. He can easily take on multiple fairly good fighters at once and Hatsu noted that his moves had been honed to a level that was beyond human. In his fight against Androssi, he was able to block the Ignition Weapon Narumada with only his arms and no use of Shinsoo Reinforcement.
Shinsoo Reinforcement: Quant can use Shinsoo to enhance his body, giving him increased speed, strength, and reflexes.
Shinsoo Vision: Quant can navigate perfectly in pitch darkness, without using any kind of goggles or equipment, by reading the flow of Shinsoo around him and figuring out where his opponents are.
Shinsoo Attacks: Quant can use Shinsoo to knock people out from a long range, using it much like his fists, except without moving.
Hwayeomsa (Flame User): This position is fairly unknown. Though "hwayeom" does translate to fire, it may be a non-literal meaning or comparison. If it is related to fire: according to SIU in a chat, it is extremely difficult to turn Shinsoo into a fire. (Note: it is unverified as it's from a chat but this is accepted as fact by most or all Korean fans.) If being a Flame User does involve manipulating fire, this might be connected to his Black Fish ability. But the Blitz Family is notorious for producing fire users and Quaetro Blitz, another member of his family can create flames with Shinsoo.
Black Fish: A Shinsoo technique that blocks out the light, thereby making the Scout "invisible" in dark places. Upon usage, Quant is covered in a strange dark liquid and moves at an incredible speed.
- (To Koon Aguero Agnis) "YOU LITTLE SHIT-HEAD!!! HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO THE GREAT QUANT???!!!"
- (Internal monologue) "It's an ironic story. Throwing away what's precious, giving in to their own selfish desires to even betray their own, but the One God has chosen is a child who cries over the death of a competitor... not a friend. But if he's truly gifted, there's no way they could have continued together. No matter how small a baby shark is, it can't swim with the sardines."
- (Talking to the traitorous Regulars of Team B) "I think you're all quite mistaken about something... I'm not a greenhorn like you- do you think I'd blink at the thought of someone dying? Try it kill 'em. But, you'd better say your prayers. If even a single person dies here- all of you will be slaughtered."
Notes and Trivia
- Quant is jokingly referred to as a coffee shuttle for Yu Han Sung during the Hide-and-Seek Test.
- Yu Han Sung awkwardly describes him and Lero-Ro as a "set menu". Lero-Ro is the burger and Quant is the coke.
- His face appears on many products seen throughout the Tower. Recently, the reason behind Quant taking so many CFs (Commercial Films) has been revealed, bringing much media attention; it's because Yu Han Sung controls his publicity rights. Quant didn't bother to read his 2nd Floor Test Administrator employment contract carefully upon being hired, affixing his seal and signature without a second thought. In reality, the main contract contained the publicity contract as well. Nowadays, Yu Han Sung disseminates Quant's publicity rights at a cheap price for a Ranker. He already has taken tons of pictures in case Quant quits. Although Yu Han Sung fired him, the contract is still legally valid and will not expire for hundreds of years, much to Quant's chagrin. Quant cries tears of regret whenever he sees his new advertisements. As a side note, Quant is a very popular model for products such as the punching machine series, chewy foods, and crackers.