Khun Ran is a D-Rank Regular from the Khun Family who is currently climbing the Tower. He is a direct descendant of Khun Eduan and a younger brother of Khun Maschenny Zahard, a Zahard's Princesses and the Top 100 High Rankers. He is currently at the 39th Floor, taking a rest at the Name Hunt Station due to his heavy injuries sustained in his battle against Arie Inieta.
Appearance and Personality
Ran is a short boy with light blue hair and blue eyes. He almost always wears a dark blue T-shirt over a black long sleeve shirt with black pants. His age is unknown; however, he does appear quite young.
He is notably very arrogant, mostly due to his immense power relative to other Regulars. This often makes him overconfident, as seen when he fought against Viole. Nevertheless, he is quite intelligent and can quickly notice and exploit his opponent's weaknesses.
He has a stoic personality yet is annoyed by almost everyone, especially others in his team. Ran divides those he meets into six different levels:
- Slightly bothersome.
- A little bothersome.
- Very bothersome.
- Too bothersome.
- Wants to kill.
Naturally, there is no-one who is in the "Not bothersome" level.
In the flashback during his fight against Arie Inieta in the Name Hunt Station, it was revealed that Ran became a Regular at the very young age. His older sister, Khun Maschenny Zahard was surprised that her little brother has been selected to become a Regular. She was wondering whether this event was planned by Khun Eduan and Headon or not. Princess Maschenny was seen to gave Ran some advice about how to face members from the Arie Family if he ever encounter one.
Much of his personal history is still unknown. He originates from the same branch of the Khun Family as Maschenny Zahard and is said to be the most talented Regular of this branch. At some point in his past, he battled Maschenny, with the Princess saying he would become a good warrior.
Powers and AbilitiesRan was one of the top five E-rank Regulars in the Tower and therefore was in a league ahead of most Regulars at that level. He is an exceptional fighter and seems to mainly rely on his agility and powerful shinsu blasts. He is a confirmed Khun, and his technique is reminiscent of Khun Eduan's style. He is also one of the Khun Family branches that can use one of the ultimate spear technique's known as "Maschenny Style: Lightning Spear", developed by Maschenny Zahard herself. Ran has also been mentioned to be a talent in the Khun Family. After his fight with Anak and Cassano, he decided to become stronger so he wouldn't have to show his back to them anymore.
Highly Perceptive Combatant: Ran has an incredible ability to see through and plan what moves will work best in combat for him. Whether it be structuring which way to attack first and follow through, he always seems to plan his style of fighting.
Highly Sturdy Body: While fighting Arie Inieta he endures the Inieta's attacks with a sword with his body alone. This is due to the fact he is a direct descendant of Khun Eduan.Jeonsulsa: The shinsu that he uses is electrical in nature. When Ran attacks, he either uses it to enhance his blows or collects it in his hands before releasing powerful lightning blasts.
- Electric Storm Clouds: Ran is capable of engulfing his surroundings with storm clouds that impair the opponent's vision. When used by an amateur this technique is only useful in enclosed spaces however for a skilled Ranker it is possible to create a natural disaster with this technique, although that requires a contract with a Guardian.
- Redan: It is a technique that can be used by Ran where he will eat and swallow a highly concentrated baang with electrical shinsu that causes his speed and strength to increase by "a couple of times". While being powered up by Redan, Ran is even more powerful than before and can even beat Anak Zahard in close quarters combat. Ran can still use his Maschenny Style techniques while using Redan. However, with that Ran can only use Redan for a fixed time, incapable of moving after its use. Five minutes was more than enough for Ran to completely overwhelm Anak which proves this technique has immense power.
Maschenny Style: Lightning Spear Technique: Ran is capable of utilizing the Lightning Spear technique in the form of many sub-techniques. His proficiency in their usage is very high, so much so that he is ranked higher as a Spear Bearer than as a Fisherman.
- Eléctrica Perla: He generates a large blast of electricity in the form of a spear that is powerful enough to easily scar the ground.
- Espada de la Luz: When Ran uses this technique, it is strong enough to pierce through both Cassano and Anak in one shot. However a downside to this technique is that it takes a toll on his body with Ran claiming that he cannot use it more than once in a battle. He is skilled enough in the execution of this technique that he was able to aim slightly away from her heart so as not to kill her.
- Grand Espada de la Luz: An enlarged version of the previous one built upon the Grand Eléctrica Perla.
- Lanza de Relámpago: It is a technique similar to Espada de la Luz that takes less of a toll on Ran's body. It was used against Viole but was stopped by his Lighthouse-enhanced freezing technique.
- Espada Grande: A technique that takes the form of a giant sword and looks similar to the Espada de la Luz. Its exact capabilities are unknown however it can be assumed that it is stronger than the Espada de la Luz.
Maschenny Style: Fighting Technique (마스체니식: 전투술, Mahseuchehni-sig: Jeontusul): Is a set of fighting techniques most likely created by Maschenny Zahard.
- Arch Lightning: A technique that used electric shinsu enhanced strikes. Ran used it to land a heavy uppercut to Anak's jaw.
Khun Aguero Agnis: These two are related, belonging to the same great family. They knew each other before they started to climb the Tower and are on friendly terms. Ran calls him A.A, which appears to be a childhood nickname. He knows Khun better than most and trusts him, which is likely the reason that he joined Khun's Team. Although Khun is a little older than Ran, the difference in their age is not noticeably great either.
Novick: Ran categorizes Novick as too bothersome. Novick often competes with Ran and loses. Novick trusts Ran's judgment.
Jyu Viole Grace: Ran realizes that their common connection is Khun and seems to trust Viole, sensing that he is different from the other FUG members. Viole often looks out for Ran and Novick, making sure that they weren't being mistreated by his temmates in FUG.
Anak Zahard: After his fight with her, he made it his goal to defeat her and so he would never have to show his back to her again.
- Blue Hook: Ran is shown to be fluent enough in using this Hook type of weapon during the Devil of the Right Arm event.
Notes and Trivia
- A Khun Family member who strongly resembles Ran is seen on Khun's Team in the Tower of God x Maplestory Crossover Special.
- It is quite likely that he is Ran.
- He was one of the Top 5 of the E-ranked Regulars.
- Ran is a direct descendant from Khun Eduan.
- Ran considers Novick to be "too bothersome". He says that he only keeps Novick alive because of his cooking.
- It is likely that Ran does most things because Novick tells him not to.
- Ran is afraid of having his ears pierced, quite unlike his relative.
- He quite resembles Killua, a character from the manga "Hunter x Hunter". Coincidentally, both of them have compatibility with electricity and a similar look.
- Ran is picky about his food. He prefers yogurt over food. He dislikes the ones with syrup.
- He has decided that killing Maschenny Zahard would be his final goal after becoming a Ranker.
- SIU has stated that Ran and Khun Maschenny Zahard are children of Khun Maschenny (one of Khun Eduan's many wives). Because of the same name, he think it is causing confusion to some.
- He prefers a woman who is older than him.