|This article contain profile of Khun Maschenny Zahard as High Ranker. If you're looking for her data as a Regular in the Hidden Floor, see Khun Maschenny Zahard (Data).|
|“||This bitch has got quite an attitude, talking to an older sister as if she's the pinnacle of the Tower.||”|
Khun Maschenny Zahard (쿤 마스체니 자하드, Kun Mahseuchehni Jahad) is a Top 100 High Rankers in the Tower from the Khun Family and the owner of the Yellow May, one of the 13 Month Series. She is the only Zahard's Princesses in the Khun Family to be awarded with a 13 Months. She is a direct descendant, biological daughter of Khun Eduan and Khun Maschenny.
Appearance and Personality
Maschenny is a pale-skinned, tall woman with an hourglass figure, very long light blue hair and blue eyes. In her most recent appearance, she wore a dark-colored outfit.
She has been shown to be extremely haughty, stating Ha Yuri Zahard, a prodigy even in the ranks of a Princess, was only a novice and should hand her 13 Month Series weapons to her. She has a short temper and calls Yuri a "bitch" for denying her rights over her weapons. Being a member of the Khun Family, it can be assumed that she is decisive and cunning.
Later into the series, when King Zahard commands his army to fulfill one of the three orders, Maschenny gathered her troops to where Ha Jinsung is. She was very manipulative as she tricked her troops into thinking her and Jinsung were fighting but she was actually telling important secret information to Jinsung so he can hurry to the last station to save the boy which the king has noticed his existence. She reappears later to backstab Ha Jinsung while he was trying to stop Kallavan from going to the last station to kill the regulars.
She is shown to be a sarcastic individual, asking her subordinate if they want her to bow for her "mistake". She also said that the smell of blood gets her in the mood for a fight, hinting a sadistic persona.
Powers and Abilities
She is an extremely powerful Ranker, being one of the top 100 High Rankers. She also owns the Yellow May and was one of the Rankers who assisted in capturing Eurasia Enne Zahard (who is ranked 7th). She was also shown to be able to clash with Ha Jinsung, a fellow top 100 High Ranker, while being acknowledged by him to be holding back.
Lightning Barrier: She can create a wide range powerful lightning barrier to protect a large number of Floating Ships of the Zahard's Army, as shown by how she protected the left side of the middle group squad behind her with a barrier, while the entire left wings squad of suspendships was totally destroyed by Jinsung's Red World (Water Drop) to dust.
Maschenny Style: Lightning Spear Technique (마스체니식: 전창술, Mahseuchehni-sig: Jeonchangsul): A technique invented by Maschenny herself, described as the "Ultimate spear technique". It allows the user to take on a Spear Bearer position without being armed with spears. In Maschenny's case, her Lightning Spear is far stronger than a usual High Ranker's spear technique. It is currently unknown if she suffers the same side effects that Ran does, who claimed he could not use the technique often.
Maschenny Style Spear Skill - Tres Cuemos (마스체니 식 전창술 세개의 뿔, Maseucheni Sig Jeonchangsul Segaeui Ppul): An extremely long fork-like spear that is carrying a condensed Baang of electric shinsu. She threw the baang at Jinsung, causing both attacks from Jinsung and hers to collide, resulting in a huge explosion.
Notes and Trivia
- She is ranked within the Top 100 of all Rankers.
- Although she is a Fisherman, she is more proficient as a Spear Bearer.
- At some point in her past she fought a younger Khun Ran and mentioned he would become a good warrior.
- She may be named after Javier Mascherano.
- Maschenny cleared the Hell Train at a very young age.
- SIU has stated that Khun Maschenny Zahard and Khun Ran are children of Khun Maschenny (one of Khun Eduan's many wives). Because of the same name, he thinks it is causing confusion to some.
- She and Ha Yuri Zahard will show up much more later in Zahard's Princesses arc.
- (To Ha Yuri Zahard) "If you don't like all this fuss, just give up being a Princess. Then the whole Tower will stay quiet about you."
- (Talking to Ha Yuri Zahard about the 13 Month Series bet) "Haven't you always wanted this Tower change? If we make a bet and you win, it will be the first time that a Princess has three of the 13 Month Series. Which would mean that you could bring change to this Tower far more than anything that you can do right now."
- (To Ha Jinsung) "Even if you say the rage has hardened and sunk in your mind, I don't understand how it could just fly away in the wind like that. It gets more intense and clings to you even more firmly as time passes and you recall those memories. That is the kind of emotion that rage is. And as long as that rage lives, war can break out at any time."
- (To Ha Jinsung) "Don't be so impatient. The smell of blood hanging in the air is what gets me in the mood for a fight."
- (To Ha Jinsung) "My goal is not much different from yours. What you want is what I want. I just happen to think I need to shed more 'Blood' for the sake of my goal!!"
- (Talking about Baam to Ha Jinsung) "You sure love that student of yours. Imagine a High Ranker putting his life on the line for the sake of a Regular. You and I want the same thing. I just think a bit more 'Blood' needs to be spilled. Don't you think it's a bit silly to expect the world to change by just sitting around and playing babysitter like you?"
- (Talking to Ha Jinsung about her purpose) "I'm going to make this Tower a bloody mess. The Ten Great Family Leaders at the top of the Tower and their direct descendants. The slayers and elders of FUG. The Disciples of the Workshop, shrouded in secrecy. The new powers emerging in the Tower, headed by Wolhaiksong. And the countless ancient warriors who disappeared from the rankings at some point. And even King Zahard and his Princesses. All of these people who have maintained a careful balance of power this whole time, keeping an eye on each other, are gradually beginning to fight each other. I have been reading the ancient books for a long time, waiting for the moment where those battles would take place before my eyes. Compared to back then, the current peace is so trivial and dull. Ahh, that's right. Maybe I'm just a nut who can't live without blood and fighting. And one of the keys to opening the door to those battles is the Irregular you trained."
- ↑ God Tops / Characters
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 hiatus discussion: translation by LaFa
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.00: – Season 2 Prologue
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Vol.2 Ch.311: ??F - Hell Train: Three Orders (3)
- ↑ hiatus discussion: translation by Random-Webtoon-Fan
- ↑ relevant Korean wikipedia page
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.282: ??F - Hell Train: Khun Edahn (5)
- ↑ Translated Tweets 2016
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.113: 30F - Hell Train: Revolution Road (1); blog post
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.00: – Season 2 Prologue
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.222: 39F - Hell Train: The 'Name Hunt' Station (25)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.310: ??F - Hell Train: Three Orders (2)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.335: 44F - The Last Station: Kallavan (9)
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Vol.2 Ch.336: 44F - The Last Station: New Wave (1)