|“||I met someone who will make my dream come true while I was fighting to gain more power. King Zahard. The one true king, an omnipotent and omniscient being. I'm going to use this power to make everyone surrender to the king. Whoever stands in the way of my utopia will simply be destroyed!||”|
Kallavan (칼라반, Calaban) is a High Ranker and was formerly the Corps Commander of the 4th Army Corp of Zahard's Army before he was replaced by the new Corps Commander Po Bidau Lyborick Khun. Kallavan was heavily demoted out of military rank due to his failure on the Battle of The Last Station to kill the Irregular, Twenty-Fifth Baam. He was the main antagonist of the Last Station (Arc).
During his great journey, he fought all kinds of great warriors and made them bow before him. He takes anyone he likes to be his servant and force them to work for him, creating a huge army of followers in the process, hence he is called the 'Human Hunter'.
Appearance and Personality
Kallavan has fair skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair. He is very tall and large built. In his initial design, he wears a long robe with his own insignia on it and chains around his waist. His blonde hair was styled as a mohawk.
He is said to be very militaristic among Zahard's Army. SIU said he seems to have an overflowing amount of bluffing power which is a quality for a boss. He appears to be a Zahard fanatic, which he believes he can make his dream come true, and also believes Zahard is omnipotent and omniscient as the one true King of the Tower.
After the time skip of the Battle of The Last Station, in The Wall of Peaceful Coexistence (Arc) Kallavan grew out his hair and he is shown to be wearing a much more casual outfit, blue jacket, blue caps, and short pants than his previous stylish outfit as Corps Commander. Kallavan is a man who follows his orders from the army and will put his personal issues aside no matter what. He sees killing Baam only as a mission and would not do so otherwise as it was seen during the battle and the Wall of Peaceful Coexistence and The Nest when his main mission was not about killing the Irregular. He also shows a sense of honour, as he was genuinely disgusted by the Wall's inhabitants disregard of Dowon after she had risked her life to fight for their ancestors and taught them a lesson violently for it and did his best to uphold the end of his bargain with Khane to not damage the Wall and apologized for not being able to uphold it against White's Spinel.
During the Battle of The Nest, Kallavan was seen to wear a dark navy military uniform which consisted of beret hat with Zahard's logo, big coat or jacket with military ranks insignia on both shoulders, and long pants. This is most likely a special outfit that was prepared by Zahard's Army to prevent the strong floating effect caused by The Frozen Waterfall within The Nest.
He uses two coats to hide the bound which sealed his left arm. The coat is attached by a pin to the shoulder so that it won't fall off when he fights.
History3000 years ago, after recently becoming a Ranker, he fought Ha Jinsung and was still able to stand up after taking a beating from him. Ha Jinsung asked why a great talent like Kallavan was staying in an isolated area. Kallavan mentions that he belonged to a village that guards the 'Essence of Bravery' and that he is its current guardian. Whenever a person from the family becomes a Ranker, they fight the person that is currently guarding the gem, with the stronger ranker killing the weaker ranker and, if applicable, replacing them as the guardian of the gem.
Ha Jinsung tells Kallavan that his bloodline already produced the ultimate achievement which is Kallavan himself and that he should be the one to inherit the 'Essence of Bravery'. On the same day, Kallavan decides to smash the bronze statue holding the gem and claim the essence for himself. The next time Ha Jinsung saw him, he was already as strong as a High-Ranker. Ha Jinsung suggests Kallavan become a Slayer of FUG, but he kindly refused and that ends their relationship. Kallavan then went on a journey, became a High-Ranker, and started to make a name for himself as he defeated and collected many great warriors, making them his servants. At one point, Kallavan met Zahard and determined that Zahard is the one person that can make his dream come true. This led to him and his followers joining Zahard's Army.
Powers and Abilities
Even in his youth, Kallavan was already powerful enough to take a beating from Ha Jinsung, a top 100 High Ranker. Jinsung then praised Kallavan's great talent and noting he possessed serious power for someone who had not been a Ranker for a long time. After taking Jinsung's suggestion, Kallavan obtained the Essence of Bravery, which was guarded by his family bloodlines for generations. And the next time Jinsung came to visit Kallavan, it has made him dramatically more powerful to the point that Jinsung was impressed enough he noted Kallavan could have easily become a High Ranker even before he began his centuries of training and offered him to become a Slayer, but Kallavan refused it respectfully.
After easily becoming a High Ranker and the leader of the 4th Army Corps of Zahard's Army Kallavan was among the most dominant High Rankers in the tower, having defeated and recruited many great Rankers and earning his sobriquet, "The Human Hunter. Jinsung, a top 100 High Ranker, was worried about having to fight him, saying that it would not be easy.  Kallavan proved himself a match for Jinsung and was able to pummel him into a bloodied state and destroy his arms. After receiving severe injures from his battle with Jinsung, Kallavan remained able to easily block the attacks of Baam, who was wielding the power of Black March and the Thorn. He also could fend off Ha Yuri Zahard wielding the Green April. Though he admitted openly he cannot fight Evankhell, Yuri, and Karaka all at once in his injured state, he was able to ignore and tank their attacks for long enough he was nearly able to get to Baam and hit him with his Atomic Explosion. His mere arrival was enough to inspire the pressured members of Zahard's army.
Furthermore, Khel Hellam described Kallavan as a "warrior as mighty as an entire (Zahard Army) Army Corps."  Even with one hand sealed behind his back, Kallavan is still extremely powerful. He was able to effortlessly kill Tonki, who is a High-Ranker level fighter, with one punch. Khane, who watched this, feared that he might be too strong even for Dowon to defeat. He was also able to tank all of White's attacks with his bare body and even broke his sword, forcing White to make a new, stronger sword. Once Kallavan used a Shinsoo boost and unleashed the Essence of Bravery, he quickly overwhelmed White who was using the strongest sword he could create at the time, Spinel.  Dowon also acknowledged Kallavan had enough power to defeat all of Baam's allies and even surrendered to him so he would let them go. During his fight with Baam against Kallavan, as the former Army Corps Commander easily repelled all their assaults, Karaka expressed disbelief that he could possess incredible attack power while his defensive capabilities are also off the charts. He was also able to hold off the now at full-power White with one arm tied behind his back and once he was finally allowed to break the seal on his left arm, Kallavan could fight evenly with White using Cullinan, shocking White on how powerful he was.
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Kallavan is an extremely skilled martial artist, able to compete against Ha Jinsung, one of the most skilled Ha Family members in hand to hand combat. He was able to push Jinsung back multiple times throughout their battle. Even with one hand tied behind his back, Kallavan was able to easily overpower the guardians of Dowon's tower with brute punches and could block the blows of Tonki without much effort before defeating him with a single punch. He was also able to push back White's sword, and then grab it mid-swing during their fight.
Immense Strength: As such a powerful martial artist and High Ranker, Kallavan holds enormous amounts of physical strength. He was able to effortlessly backhand a man through a rocky wall with enough force to crack it with a single hand, down guards of the Wall of Peaceful Coexistence with a single brute blow and his fists were strong enough to damage White's sword just by colliding into it. Once using a Shinsoo boost, he was able to punch White with enough force to visibly hurt him. Kallavan was even able to completely destroy Karaka's Armor Inventory Armor Storm with just a single punch and was likewise able to tear through Baam's Thorn empowered Red Thyrassa Partial Transformation blade and badly injure him.
Immense Durability and Shinsoo Resistance: Kallavan's body is extremely tough, even tougher than those of the Ha Family.He was able to take an elbow to the head from Jinsung without flinching, and Jinsung was surprised by how tough he was. He took no significant damage from Jinsung's Demonic Storm and Iron Defense, only feeling slight pain. He was able to survive Jinsung's ultimate technique, Dragon Tiger Gate, albeit with a serious injury, to the surprise of Jinsung who had thought he killed Kallavan with that attack.  After that, Kallavan's durability was still enough to be able to successfully teleport to the battlefield while the warp device was exploding. He was able to easily take Baam's Black March augmented attacks without even being moved by the blows. He could also deflect blows from Yuri's Green April with his bare hands without suffering damage. Even Baam's strongest attack Remnants of Stars - Stardust was only able to inflict minor injury when he fully activated the Thorn. Afterwards, Kallavan was still able to charge directly at Evankhell, Yuri and Karaka, pushing past their combined attacks in order to get through to Baam with little strain and only expressing pain when hit by Evankhell's Rare Orb - Death Sentence. Several years later, Kallavan once again demonstrated his superior durability. He was able to effortlessly fight against White's sword with his bare hands without suffering any damage, with White noting that his fist seems to be diamond hardened for countless years. This forced White to create the "quickest and sharpest" sword he could make called the Spinel which managed to finally cut Kallavan. However, it is revealed that the former Army Corps Commander wasn't even using a Shinsoo boost, and once he did, White's sharpest sword was no longer effective. Even when White used one of his Lethal Moves, Kallavan simply grabbed the sword with his bare hand. Kallavan was later able to take Karaka's White Day even when it was performed at Level Two and was directly hit twice with no damage to himself. Kallavan even mocked the attack, stating it was not as strong as Jinsung's. Baam subsequently joined the attack on Kallavan and used his Airwave Zero from behind but yet again the Human Hunter didn't even flinch. After this Karaka suggested there was no choice but for him and Baam to consistently pound Kallavan with multiple attacks. Even after all this, Kallavan did not react until Baam decided to use Shinwonryu, blasting him away before he could get hit by the attack. Baam speculated that the Shinwonryu is capable of hurting the former Army Corps Commander.
With the Essence of Bravery's power, Kallavan is capable of releasing powerful blue blasts of Shinsoo and enhancing himself with it. Even without using any special technique, these Shinsoo bursts are strong enough to destroy Yuri's Rose Shower and easily repel attacks from Karaka and Baam. Kallavan was also able to crush the High Ranker-level Tonki's fireball within moments and even kill him with a single punch fueled with the Essence of Bravery's power. With the Essence of Bravery activated, Kallavan was able to blow up his arm that was damaged from Baam to block White's attack. He then proceeded to create a new arm out of shinsoo to continue fighting.
Lethal Move: Hurricane Shaker - Backlash Bomber: Kallavan starts this attack by punching his opponent which sends them flying backwards. He then follows this by clenching his fist to create a large shinsoo blast behind the enemy as they are recovering from the first punch. This technique was strong enough to push someone like Jinsung backwards. It was also capable of easily blasting through Androssi's shield and sending them flying a great distance. Kallavan was later able to use this technique to damage White enough to make him cough blood.
- Lethal Move: Hurricane Shaker - Backlash Big Bomber: A stronger version of the Backlash Bomber that is powerful enough to damage Jinsung to the point of spitting blood.
Kallavan Essence of Bravery Transcendent Skill - Atomic Explosion: An extremely powerful technique that Kallavan used against Jinsung, and also against Baam at the Last Station. Kallavan punches forward and unleashes an extremely large amount of shinsoo, resulting in a massive explosion. The technique's power is such that it left Jinsung in a bloodied state with one of his arm's completely mangled, and almost reached Baam through Evankhell's flames. 
Kallavan is known as the 'Human Collecter' or by his official sobriquet 'Human Hunter' and he has several servants that consist of 4 known tiers most likely indicating their power and influence. With 1st tier being the highest and 4th tier being the lowest.
Notes and Trivia
- Ari Bright Sharon temporally took the fisherman role because the commander was not present at the time. This implies Kallavan is normally the Fisherman.
- He was called 'Human Collector' by Yu Han Sung. This is not a mistranslation.
- His name might be a reference to footballer Ragnar Klavan.
- His name might originate from the Filipino word "kalaban" which means enemy, foe, opponent, etc.
- Excluding Zahard, Kallavan is the strongest antagonist Baam has encountered.
- The fight between Kallavan and Ha Jinsung is a great battle of two High Rankers, to be recorded in the history of the Tower.
- His character concept is a young German soldier with a goal that he is willing to fulfil blindly.
- SIU has stated that he personally wanted to give Kallavan more of a sense of being an elite military officer as a twist. He knows Ha Jinsung from before, but there's an age gap. Kallavan is a character who has multiple layers to his true intentions. He's strong and perhaps scary.
- Kallavan is a counter to the Ha Family. His body is already well-trained, but his source of power isn't simply physical strength either.
- Kallavan is much younger than Ha Jinsung.
- Since Kallavan was someone who respected Ha Jinsung, his feelings on Baam are probably mixed. But as a Corps Commander of Zahard's Army, Irregulars are his biggest enemy. Technically, Urek would be priority number one. But he's too strong and doesn't care about Zahard.
- (To himself while playing piano) "Rhapsody... What an appropriate piece for this mission."
- (To Ha Jinsung) "We are trying to stop an even greater rift in the Tower. Whatever anyone says, this mission will go down in history as a great epic. Sacrificing the lives of a few people on the train to stop a war, it may seem sinister and brutal, but this is the best way to prevent an even worse disaster."
- (To Ha Jinsung) "Has it been so long that you have forgotten? My body is way tougher than you people from the Ha family. When you are around me, your advantages as a member of the Ha family disappear. You had better brace yourself for a whole new world of pain."
- (To Ha Jinsung while fighting him) "Why would someone as powerful as you side with the forces of evil and go around picking on Regulars?! Do you still believe in that ridiculous idea of a new world or change?! Don't you know this kind of upheaval happens all the time?! Change is just the seed of pain and conflict!"
- (Talking about Ha Jinsung to Baam) "I told you he is dead. And even he was alive, you can't save him. Because you are too weak."
- (To Baam) "You seem to have some 'Mysterious Power' but it's too much for you to handle. You didn't even manage to make a little scratch on me. How disappointing."
- (To Evankhell) "You are not even with FUG. Why are you protecting those Regulars? One of the Top-Hundreds High Rankers shouldn't be interested in some Regulars."
- (Thinking about Baam to himself) "I was foolish. I was curious to see how much potential that boy has that I give him time to escape. This is an unacceptable mistake for an Army Corps Commander of Zahard's Army."
- (To himself) "...The Walls of Peaceful Coexistence... Coexistence is no more than a seed of chaos. It can't bring about peace. Those fools opposing King Zahard... Sure came up with a stupid name for their wall. I just can't wait... to tear down that stupid wall."