|“||I met someone who will make my dream come true while I was fighting to gain more power. King Zahard. The one true king, an omnipotent and omniscient being. I'm going to use this power to make everyone surrender to the king. Whoever stands in the way of my utopia will simply be destroyed!||”|
History3000 years ago, after recently becoming a Ranker he fought Ha Jinsung and was still able to stand up after taking a beating from him. Ha Jinsung asked why is such a person with great talent like Kallavan staying in an isolated area. Kallavan is from a village that guards the 'Essence of Bravery' and when another person from the family becomes a Ranker, they fight the person that is currently guarding the gem, and the stronger one will kill the previous guard and will then guard the essence until a stronger ranker from the family appears, and the cycle continues.
Ha Jinsung tells Kallavan that his bloodline already produced the ultimate achievement which is Kallavan himself and that he should be the one to inherit the 'Essence of Bravery'. Later on the same day, Kallvan decides to smash the bronze statue holding the gem and claim the essence for himself. The next time Ha Jinsung saw him, he was already as strong as a High-Ranker. Ha Jinsung suggests Kallavan become a Slayer of FUG, but he kindly refused and that ends their relationship. Kallavan then went on a journey, became a High-Ranker, and started to make a name for himself.
During his great journey, he fought all kinds of great warriors and made them bow before him. He takes anyone he likes to be his servant and force them to work for him, creating a huge army of followers in the process, hence he is called the 'Human Hunter'.
Appearance and Personality
Kallavan has fair skin, blue eyes, and a blonde coloured mohawk. He wears a long robe with his own insignia on it and chains around his waist.
He is said to be very militaristic amoung Zahard's Army. SIU said he seems to have an overflowing amount of bluffing power which is a quality for a boss. He appears to be a Zahard fanatic, which he believes he can make his dream come true, and also believes Zahard is omnipotent and omniscient as the one true King of the Tower.
Kallavan and his troops are seen traveling to the Last Station in their warships.
He and his troops were stopped by Ha Jinsung, and were told to come out and fight.
Kallavan was in his warship when Ha Jinsung appeared and said he will destroy his warship using one of the shinsoo cannons from El Robina, a deadly weapon of Zahard's, if he doesn't come out. Kallavan tells the third division commander to move all the troops back and said he will beat him. Ha Jinsung calls out on his arrogance and in reply, Kallavan said he is in a position to be more arrogant. He is forced to fight his former teacher, saying he won't lose with his power.
During the battle with Ha Jinsung, Kallavan said this war isn't about capturing a couple regulars, but to stop a greater rift in the tower and the mission will go down in history as a great epic. During the fight, Ha Jinsung was being pushed back, and his hands were shaking from the impacts. Later, Ha Jinsung begins to fight using his greater techniques, and was able to land multiple successful hits on Kallavan. They stopped fighting for a moment, and Kallavan tells Ha Jinsung about the man he saw in the Essence of Bravery. He mentions to Ha Jinsung, that the man in the gem was someone from the ancient times, and the power in the gem belonged to him. Kallavan says the real reason he refused the offer to become a slayer was that he fears that his fate might end up like the man in the Essence of Bravery. Kallavan said he later decided to use his power to serve Zahard, and unite everyone under him, so wars and tragedies will vanish and the tower would be at peace. Kallavan then proceeds to unleash his power and uses his transcendent skill, Atomic Explosion, which leaves Ha Jinsung all bloody in a critical state.
Ha Jinsung was left with no choice but to use probably his strongest attack, Dragon Tiger Gate - Ultimate Flare Wave Explosion, which was strong enough to almost stop Kallavan, had he followed up with another attack, but was too exhausted to do so. Kallavan then crushes Ha Jinsung's arms rendering them useless. Ha Jinsung screams in agony and was also stabbed in the back by Koon Maschenny Zahard who later arrived without Ha Jinsung realising.
After beating Ha Jinsung, Kallavan immediately rushes to the teleporter to get to the Last Station and appears right in front of Baam on the great battlefield. He sees the battle getting out of control because of the two fighting floor-rulers. Right when Kallavan tries to attack Baam, Androssi Zahard saves Baam using Bong Bong, but Kallavan easily pulls Androssi away and restrains her, which leaves Baam alone. Kallavan tells Baam that his master is probably dead because of him. This caused Baam to break down and attack Kallavan with all he had, but in the end, he didn't hurt Kallavan in any way.
Baam proceeds to ignite one of his thorns to use a technique which was used to beat Data Zahard. After the attack, Kallavan was disappointed that Baam didn't even scratch him with the attack. Karaka appears in front of Kallavan, and asks if his master is dead, and Kallavan said he isn't sure. Karaka told Baam to run because he believes his master isn't dead due to Kallavan being unsure of his death. Kallavan rushes to attack Baam before he could get away, but Evankhell stops him, and Kallavan asks why is she helping the regulars. Evankhell said she wasn't interested about Baam until she saw a small wound he inflicted on Kallavan. He was surprised Baam made even a small scratch because he hadn't felt it. Kallavan then regrets having stalled in order to understand the boy, which he was supposed to kill. He then goes all out to kill Baam even with Evankhell, Yuri and Karaka in the way. He rushes towards Baam at high speed while tanking all the attacks from the High-Rankers, even Evankhell's Death Sentence attack couldn't stop him. He uses Atomic Explosion to break free of all the attacks, which also destroyed many warships around him. Right when he was about to get to Baam, Yu Han Sung, Ship Leesoo came to the rescue and they all teleport away.
Kallavan screams in anger and blames himself of the mission's failure to kill the regulars. Elpathion arrives by Kallavan's side and asks if he intends to go after the boy still, despite the army being tired and injured. Elpathion says the army needs to rest, but Kallavan says he'll kill the boy himself.
After the battle at the Last Station, Kallavan lost his position as Corps Commander and was said to be guarding the secret prison where Ha Jinsung is being kept.
Powers and Abilities
Even in his youth, Kallavan was already powerful enough to survive a battle with Ha Jinsung, a top 100 High Ranker, with Jinsung praising Kallavan's great talent and noting he possessed serious power for someone who had not been a Ranker for a long time. His obtaining the Essence of Bravery, which was guarded for generations, has made him dramatically more powerful to the point that Jinsung was impressed enough he noted Kallavan could have easily became a High Ranker even before he began his centuries of training and offered him to become a Slayer. In the present, after easily becoming a High Ranker and the leader of the fourth division of Zahard's army, Kallavan was among the most dominant High Rankers in the tower, having defeated and recruited many great Rankers and earning such a reputation to the point that even Jinsung was concerned of taking on Kallavan, noting it would be a tough fight even for him. Indeed, Kallavan proved himself a match for Jinsung, even able to pummel him into a bloodied state and destroy his arms, although it should be noted Jinsung was caught off-guard due to expecting Kallavan had died and the fight left Kallavan also visibly battered, but still more than powerful enough to easily toss aside Androssi Zahard and even Baam wielding the power of Black March, easily blocking his Flare Wave Explosion. His mere arrival was enough to inspire the pressured members of Zahard's army.
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Kallavan is an extremely skilled martial artist, able to compete against Ha Jinsung, one of the most skilled Ha Family members, in hand-to-hand combat, and even able to quickly push him back and deal heavy blows when Jinsung was already battered from taking Kallavan's ultimate technique. Kallavan could also effortlessly block attacks by the Green April that was wielded by Yuri.
Immense Durability and Shinsoo Resistance: Kallavan, while fighting Jinsung, noted his body was extremely tough, even tougher than those of the Ha Family. He was able to take a punch from Jinsung without even flinching, with Jinsung himself noting on Kallavan's toughness. He also had tremendous Shinsoo Resistance, easily taking Jinsung's Demonic Storm and Iron Defense without any damage, although he did show some pain and was pushed back. Even one of Jinsung's ultimate techniques, Dragon Tiger Gate - Ultimate Flare Wave Explosion, was unable to kill him, but Kallavan himself admitted it inflicted serious damage. Even after that, Kallavan's insane durability was still sufficient to be able to successfully teleport to the battlefield while the warp device was exploding and after that he was able to easily take Baam's Black March augmented attacks without even being moved by the blows. Despite already being injured by Jinsung and Baam, Kallavan was still able to charge directly at Evankhell, Yuri and Karaka, pushing past their combined attacks in order to get through to Baam. This feat is a true testament to Kallavan's incredible durability as he was facing a Top 100 High Ranker, a High Ranker Princess and a Slayer.
Lethal Move: Hurricane Shaker - Backlash Bomber: Kallavan starts this attack by punching his opponent which sends them flying backwards. He then follows this by clenching his fist to create a large shinsoo blast behind the enemy as they are recovering from the first punch. This technique was strong enough to push someone like Jinsung backwards. It was also capable of easily blasting through Androssi's shield and sending them flying a great distance.
- Lethal Move: Hurricane Shaker - Backlash Big Bomber: A stronger version of the Backlash Bomber that is powerful enough to damage Jinsung to the point of spitting blood.
Kallavan Essence of Bravery Transcendent Skill - Atomic Explosion: An extremely powerful technique that Kallavan uses against Jinsung. Kallavan crushes the Essence of Bravery crystal and unleashes its full power. Glass shards fly everywhere with shinsoo emnating from both of his fists and forehead. Kallavan then charges towards Ha Jinsung instantly and as the name suggests, creates a large explosion. The technique's power is such that it left Jinsung in a bloodied state.
- Ha Jinsung: Kallavan was once Ha Jinsung's student, he gained and lost a great deal because of him. He appreciated the kindness and guidance that Jinsung gave him, but after doing what Jinsung told him, he regretted it deeply. He saw the tragedy of the man that was sealed in the gem and thought it might happen to him as well. This led to Kallvan going on his journey trying to make everyone surrender to Zahard to end tragedies. Kallavan still retained considerable respect for Jinsung, having politely refused to join FUG and not taking him on for being a member of an organization that intended to kill Zahard. When Jinsung confronted Kallavan when he tried to go to the Last Station, Kallavan acted cordial toward Jinsung, first reminiscing on their past and asking on how he was doing. Kallavan deemed Jinsung as being enough of a threat to personally take him on, although he still expressed confidence that he can defeat Jinsung. Although fighting him without mercy, even destroying his arms, at one point, after having badly wounded him, Kallavan seemed to have only wanted to incapacitate him. He showed sincere regret and remorse over destroying Jinsung's arms and his former mentor's apparent death, stating before teleporting to the battlefield that he had nothing but respect for Jinsung, and acknowledged Jinsung's efforts as having been very challenging.
- Zahard: Kallavan decided to serve King Zahard because he wanted to end all tragedies by uniting everyone under his power. However he knows that his power alone won't be able to achieve that dream so one day when he was fighting for more power, he met someone that was able to make his dream come true: King Zahard. Kallavan believes Zahard is the 'One True King' of the tower, an omnipotent and omniscient being and Kallavan is going to use his power to make everyone surrender to the king.
Notes and Trivia
- Ari Bright Sharon temporally took the fisherman role because the commander was not present at the time. This implies Kallavan is normally the Fisherman.
- He was called 'Human Collector' by Yu Han Sung.
- His name might be a reference to footballer Ragnar Klavan.
- His name might originate from the Filipino word "kalaban" which means enemy, foe, opponent, etc.
- Excluding Zahard, Kallavan is the strongest antagonist Baam has encountered.
- The fight between Kallavan and Ha Jinsung is a great battle of two High Rankers, to be recorded in the history of the Tower.
- His character concept is a young German soldier with a goal that he is willing to fulfill blindly.
- SIU has stated that he personally wanted to give Kallavan more of a sense of being an elite military officer as a twist. He knows Ha Jinsung from before, but there's an age gap. Kallavan is a character who has multiple layers to his true intentions. He's strong and perhaps scary.
- Kallavan is a counter to the Ha Family. His body is already well-trained, but his source of power isn't simply physical strength either.
- Kallavan is much younger than Ha Jinsung.
- Since Kallavan was someone who respected Ha Jinsung, his feelings on Baam are probably mixed. But as a Corps Commander of Zahard's Army, Irregulars are his biggest enemy. Technically, Urek would be priority number one. But he's too strong and doesn't care about Zahard.
- (To himself while playing piano) "Rhapsody... What an appropriate piece for this mission."
- (To Ha Jinsung) "We are trying to stop an even greater rift in the Tower. Whatever anyone says, this mission will go down in history as a great epic. Sacrificing the lives of a few people on the train to stop a war, it may seem sinister and brutal, but this is the best way to prevent an even worse disaster."
- (To Ha Jinsung) "Has it been so long that you have forgotten? My body is way tougher than you people from the Ha family. When you are around me, your advantages as a member of the Ha family disappear. You had better brace yourself for a whole new world of pain."
- (To Ha Jinsung while fighting him) "Why would someone as powerful as you side with the forces of evil and go around picking on Regulars?! Do you still believe in that ridiculous idea of a new world or change?! Don't you know this kind of upheaval happens all the time?! Change is just the seed of pain and conflict!"
- (Talking about Ha Jinsung to Baam) "I told you he is dead. And even he was alive, you can't save him. Because you are too weak."
- (To Baam) "You seem to have some 'Mysterious Power' but it's too much for you to handle. You didn't even manage to make a little scratch on me. How disappointing."
- (To Evankhell) "You are not even with FUG. Why are you protecting those Regulars? One of the Top-Hundreds High Rankers shouldn't be interested in some Regulars."
- (Thinking about Baam to himself) "I was foolish. I was curious to see how much potential that boy has that I give him time to escape. This is an unacceptable mistake for a squadron commander of Zahard's Army."