|“||I met someone who will make my dream come true while I was fighting to gain more power. King Zahard. The one true king, an omnipotent and omniscient being. I'm going to use this power to make everyone surrender to the king. Whoever stands in the way of my utopia will simply be destroyed!||”|
Kallavan (칼라반, Calaban) is a High Ranker and was formerly the Corps Commander of the 4th Army Corp of Zahard's Army before he was replaced by the new Corps Commander Po Bidau Lyborick Khun. Kallavan was heavily demoted out of military rank due to his failure on the Battle of The Last Station to kill the Irregular, Twenty-Fifth Baam. He was the main antagonist of the Last Station (Arc).
After witnessing the defeat of his army and their pointless deaths in the battle at the first wall of The Nest, Kallavan is seeking out Po Bidau Lyborick Khun, to kill him and reclaim his position as the Army Corps Commander once again.
During his great journey, he fought all kinds of great warriors and made them bow before him. He takes anyone he likes to be his servant and force them to work for him, creating a huge army of followers in the process, hence he is called the 'Human Hunter'.
Notes and Trivia
- Ari Bright Sharon temporally took the fisherman role because the commander was not present at the time. This implies Kallavan is normally the Fisherman.
- He was called 'Human Collector' by Yu Han Sung. This is not a mistranslation.
- His name might be a reference to footballer Ragnar Klavan.
- His name might originate from the Filipino word "kalaban" which means enemy, foe, opponent, etc.
- Excluding Zahard, Kallavan is the strongest antagonist Baam has encountered.
- The fight between Kallavan and Ha Jinsung is a great battle of two High Rankers, to be recorded in the history of the Tower.
- His character concept is a young German soldier with a goal that he is willing to fulfil blindly.
- SIU has stated that he personally wanted to give Kallavan more of a sense of being an elite military officer as a twist. He knows Ha Jinsung from before, but there's an age gap. Kallavan is a character who has multiple layers to his true intentions. He's strong and perhaps scary.
- Kallavan is a counter to the Ha Family. His body is already well-trained, but his source of power isn't simply physical strength either.
- Kallavan is much younger than Ha Jinsung.
- Since Kallavan was someone who respected Ha Jinsung, his feelings on Baam are probably mixed. But as a Corps Commander of Zahard's Army, Irregulars are his biggest enemy. Technically, Urek would be priority number one. But he's too strong and doesn't care about Zahard.
- (To himself while playing piano) "Rhapsody... What an appropriate piece for this mission."
- (To Ha Jinsung) "We are trying to stop an even greater rift in the Tower. Whatever anyone says, this mission will go down in history as a great epic. Sacrificing the lives of a few people on the train to stop a war, it may seem sinister and brutal, but this is the best way to prevent an even worse disaster."
- (To Ha Jinsung) "Has it been so long that you have forgotten? My body is way tougher than you people from the Ha family. When you are around me, your advantages as a member of the Ha family disappear. You had better brace yourself for a whole new world of pain."
- (To Ha Jinsung while fighting him) "Why would someone as powerful as you side with the forces of evil and go around picking on Regulars?! Do you still believe in that ridiculous idea of a new world or change?! Don't you know this kind of upheaval happens all the time?! Change is just the seed of pain and conflict!"
- (Talking about Ha Jinsung to Baam) "I told you he is dead. And even he was alive, you can't save him. Because you are too weak."
- (To Baam) "You seem to have some 'Mysterious Power' but it's too much for you to handle. You didn't even manage to make a little scratch on me. How disappointing."
- (To Evankhell) "You are not even with FUG. Why are you protecting those Regulars? One of the Top-Hundreds High Rankers shouldn't be interested in some Regulars."
- (Thinking about Baam to himself) "I was foolish. I was curious to see how much potential that boy has that I give him time to escape. This is an unacceptable mistake for an Army Corps Commander of Zahard's Army."
- (To himself) "...The Walls of Peaceful Coexistence... Coexistence is no more than a seed of chaos. It can't bring about peace. Those fools opposing King Zahard... Sure came up with a stupid name for their wall. I just can't wait... to tear down that stupid wall."