The "Last Gatekeeper" High-Leech Monk ("초후의 문지기" 하이 - 리치 몽크, 'Chohu-ui Munjigi' High-Leech Monk) is an artificial puppet that was created by Po Bidau Gustang to guard the main entrance to the Floor of Death. It will take the souls of people those who wish to enter the Floor as a requirement of the spell-protection system. Gustang has verified that the last gatekeeper is a puppet that belongs to him, stating:
|“||I was wondering who destroyed my puppet.. It looks like a very pretty bug has wandered in here||”|
Appearance and Personality
The High-Leech Monk appears like a traditional monk with wooden-looking skin, a shaven head, elongated earlobes, piercing red concentric eyes and a pink Urna in the centre of his forehead. It wears a navy blue garb fastened round the waist by a blue sash and a thick golden banglet around his neck. High Leech Monk also was able to levitates barefoot.
The High-Leech Monk primary mission is to preventing entry and exist from the Floor of Death. It prevented Twenty-Fifth Baam and David Hockney from entering. The High-Leech Monk was eventually destroyed by White when it tried to stop him and Karaka from leaving.
Powers and Abilities
|“||With that level of technical expertise, whoever made that thing has some serious skills.||”|
The High-Leech Monk was equipped with advanced technologies that were built by Po Bidau Gustang, the father of science and medic in the tower.
- X-Ray Vision and Living Soul Detection : It's capable to see the souls of the living, enabling it to see through solid objects; so it's eyes cannot be deceived.
- Shinheuh control: The High Leech Monk has a control over the Soul Devourers.
- Shinshoo Bamboo Spears: The High Leech Monk able to create many Bamboo Spears to fight against it's enemies. The Bamboo Spears was shinshoo baangs with shinshoo quality of Bamboo. It fought Twenty-Fifth Baam and David Hockney with dozen of bamboo spears. According to Hockney, one has to aim at the empty center of the bamboo spear to destroy it. It's the core of the Bamboo Spear.When facing against the high rankers (like in case of Karaka and White), The High-Leech Monk will show an extreme show of force of power to control over more than hundreds of bamboo spears
- High Rankers detection: It seems that the High-Leech Monk also has a technology to detect dangerous high rankers presence as shown when it was fully ready to fight and prevent Karaka and White from leaving the Floor of Death even before the high rankers were in sight.
Notes and Trivia
- The final gatekeeper is an artificial puppet that was created by Po Bidau Gustang.
- Despite being the one who protects the entrance to the Floor, he appears to defer to certain 43rd Floor inhabitants of great power, such as Garam Zahard.
- The final gatekeeper based on the Four Heavenly Kings in Buddhist temples. SIU likes them, he likes going to religious buildings because good for introspection.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Vol.2 Ch.236: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (5)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Vol.2 Ch.237: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (6)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Vol.2 Ch.256: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (25)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.236: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (5); blog post