The "Last Gatekeeper" High-Leech Monk ("초후의 문지기" 하이 - 리치 몽크, 'Chohu-ui Munjigi' High-Leech Monk) guards the main entrance to the Floor of Death. He takes the souls of those who wish to enter the Floor.
Appearance and Personality
The High-Leech Monk appears like a traditional monk with wooden-looking skin, a shaven head, elongated earlobes, piercing red concentric eyes and a pink Urna in the centre of his forehead. He wears a navy blue garb fastened round the waist by a blue sash and a thick golden banglet around his neck. He levitates barefoot.
He appears to be very focused on his function of preventing entry of the living into the Floor of Death.
Powers and Abilities
The High-Leech Monk has the ability to see souls, enabling him to see through solid objects; by his own acclaim, his eyes cannot be deceived. He also has control over the shinheuh, the Soul Devourers. He fights using gigantic shinsoo bamboo spears. According to Hockney, one has to aim at the centre to destroy them.
Notes and Trivia
- Despite being the one who protects the entrance to the Floor, he appears to defer to certain 43rd Floor inhabitants of great power, such as Garam Zahard.
- The final gatekeeper based on the Four Heavenly Kings in Buddhist temples. SIU likes them, he likes going to religious buildings because good for introspection.
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.236: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (5)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Vol.2 Ch.237: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (6)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.236: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (5); blog post