|“||You bastard! How dare you mock the way of the warrior?! There is no act more manly or noble than the Halbok!!||”|
—Hatsu to Khun
Hatsu (하츠, Hahcheu; or "Hatz") is a Regular and a "devoutly" practising swordsman. He teamed up with Anak and Leesoo during the first test on the 2nd Floor and later signed Khun's friend list. He is a quiet and calm warrior, who has been making good progress in the tests merely by doing exactly what each test entails. He was last seen on the 52nd Floor having helped Baam and his allies.
Notes and Trivia
- SIU revealed his birthday to be May 2nd.
- It is implied that Hatsu entered the Tower because he seeks honour and pride (명예와 긍지).
- As a humorous reference to old school yakuza manga or movies, Hatsu's defeated opponents were piled on top of one another, during the Crown Game.
- Rak refers to him as Warrior Turtle.
- Hatsu may be of a descent similar to that of the Japanese, considering: his choice of weapon (katanas), the kimono-like clothes he wore in Part 1, his overall samurai-like demeanour especially his views on halbok (it is similar to the Japanese samurai's perspectives on seppuku), the references to the yakuza (as mentioned above) and, above all, his name. 'Hatsu' is not an uncommon name in Japan, often meaning 'first/beginning' (though the meaning can differ greatly depending on the Kanji chosen).
- Androssi named his new sword that he got from workshop battle 'psychopath'
- Before entered the Tower, he has two younger siblings (One little brother and one little sister).
- His height is similar to Khun Aguero Agnis. But because of his hairstyle, he looks taller.
- (To Ship Leesoo) "Trusting your allies is obvious."
- (To Quant Blitz) "Since the moment I was born, my hands were trained to hold the sword. I never let go of whatever I have got in my hands."
- (To Beniamino Cassano in their second clash) "After I lost to you, I swung and swung, several thousands, no, several billions of times. Until my swords were tempered, to become sharper and more powerful than you."
- (While fighting the Guguah Crab) "Just like he said, I'm a human, not a weapon. Without a sword I am nothing. But depending on how I use it, even a common metal bar like this--! Here I go!! Forget it! Don't think about what you hold in your hands. Because in this moment-- the most powerful sword!! Is right here!!"
- (To Chigrinsky while cut off his head) "You should have them get rid of your dead body. Since I'm not into touching corpses of perverted freaks like you."
- (Talking about Androssi to Shilial Zahard) "Destined to fight.. That may be true.. But regardless of her destiny, we are friends. We may fight and argue when we don't agree with each other, but it's not like we could fight just because someone tells us to. It may be true that she is destined to fight Jue Viole Grace. But if someone tells me that I'm destined to fight my friend, I would rather fight destiny itself."
- (Korean Pronunciation) Ha-cheu
- (SIU & Line webtoon) Hatz
- Vol.2 Ch.249: 43F - Hell Train: The Floor of Death (18); Blog Post
- SIU Private Blog
- Ch.30: 2F - Position Test (3)
- Compilation of all additional materials (2011)
- Tower of God Part I Preview
- Vol.2 Ch.207: 39F - Hell Train: The 'Name Hunt' Station (10); blog post
- Translated Tweets 2013
- Ch.16: 2F - Crown Game (3)
- Ch.45: 2F - Hide and Seek (11)
- Vol.2 Ch.61: 30F - One Shot, One Opportunity (4)
- Vol.2 Ch.77: 30F - The Truth (1)
- Vol.2 Ch.200: 39F - Hell Train: The 'Name Hunt' Station (3)
- Vol.2 Ch.214: 39F - Hell Train: The 'Name Hunt' Station (17)
- Season 1, Chapter 9