|“||I have no such delusional hopes. I just... took a liking to the boy.||”|
Ha Yuri Zahard (하 유리 자하드, Ha Yoori Jahhahd; or "Ha Yuri Jahad"), more commonly known as Yuri Zahard (lacking her family name), is a High Ranker and Princess from the Ha Family. She is also the owner of Black March and Green April, two of the 13 Month Series Ignition Weapons. She is the first Princess to own two 13 Months at the same time since Garam Zahard, and the only other Princess known to have achieved such. Notably, she is one of the most famous Princesses and therefore highly favoured, with much political influence throughout The Tower. After meeting Baam when he first enters the Tower, she becomes quite taken with him and spends most of the story trying to find him again, even boarding the Hell Train to do so.
Notes and Trivia
- Her nickname is "Zahard's Effenberg". Stefan Effenberg is a German football player (in American terms, soccer player). Effenberg was known for his rough behaviour on the field and rude behaviour towards the fans.
- Yuri's ranking increased significantly after obtaining the Green April. Many residents of the palace talk behind her back saying, "Despite whatever problems, a capable girl is capable", but Yuri proudly states that she is indeed a "capable girl".
- With the birth of Yuri (who greatly resembles Ha Yurin), the Ha Family placed their faith in her, hoping that she would collect all 13 Month Series weapons. Because of this, Yuri’s title takes after her great-grandmother's (Black Snake Head).
- It is recently revealed that Yuri is obsessed with a virtual boy simulation game called 'raising cute boys', which was introduced to her by Jaina Repellista Zahard. Apparently, she hasn't stopped playing it since because it features a character that resembles Baam.
- "SIU: Yuri is a character for the later half, so I'm planning to save her until then. (07/13/2010)"
- It is said she is not actually a Wolhaiksong member, but she was one of the many Rankers present during the planting of the Wingtree. Therefore she has a friendly affiliation with the group.
- She enjoys fighting alone.
- Even among Zahard's Princesses, Yuri is a Princess who was bestowed with the 13 Month Series, and that makes her very influential among the Zahard family and Ha family. That is the reason why she still stays unharmed despite her history of recklessly messing around with stuff.
- Since Yuri prefers doing what she wants instead of doing what would be adequate, so Yuri ends up being a truly Ha family style Princess.
- SIU has stated that when he was planning out and expanding on the Tower of God lore, he considered having multiple narrative protagonists, and there was a real chance it could have been like that with Yuri as one of the protagonists. Baam is the first protagonist right now, but there's some chance Yuri will be centered as a protagonist in the new arc later.
- Yuri is actually supposed to be the main focus for much later on, in the Princess arc. So only glimpse of her have been shown, and hints about her provided, without revealing much information. However, along with Khun Maschenny Zahard, the two princesses will show up much more later.
- Her relationship with Baam will have important part in Tower of God storyline.
- She and Lero-Ro were selected as Regulars in the same time period. Only two of them who had become Rankers from that group of Regulars. However, there is a big time difference between the time when both of them became a Ranker.
- Her name means Glass in Korean.
Seven Knights Game CharacterA few months after the shut down of the independent Tower of God android game by Neowiz Able Studio, a mobile game "Seven Knight" announced the game collaboration with Tower of God characters. Seven Knight decided to present 4 characters of Tower of God that includes Enryu, KoonAA, Baam, and Yuri Zahard. This game collaboration itself more likely a marketing purposes for Korean, in order to increase the popularity of tower of god as a webtoon, because these characters are only available at the Korean Server, not the global one. For more info about the details of Baam as a game character, please visit Seven Knights Wiki (Yuri).
Ha Yuri Zahard Seven Knights Gallery
- (To Evan Edrok watching Baam taking his test) "Muhahaha! So he's not a disappointment after all! This just got interesting! Evan! I'll be right back!"
- (After lending Black March to Baam) "Even with this weapon, your chances of passing this test are very low. Because, the power of a weapon is highly dependant on the person who wields it."
- (To Lo Po Bia Ren, about Anak Zahard and Androssi Zahard) "The two ugly idiots that are pitifully lying over there after being beaten by you... I'm their older sister."
- (To Lo Po Bia Ren) "Using Zahard's name to threaten a Zahard Princess, you must be out of your mind. Know this, the strength of Zahard isn't the kind of thing that you're thinking of. Though, there's no need bothering to explain it to someone who's just using Zahard's name as he pleases. Get out of here right now. Or I will kill you."
- (Talking about Baam to Jaina Repellista Zahard) "...... No... He's not someone who'd die like that..."
- (To Pedro) "Then I guess I would better give you a proper fight!! You are going to have to pay for your sin of playing around with another person's life!!"
- (To Evan after she beat Pedro) "Let's say there's a 0.5% chance that I could die because of that acid. But do you know what we can accomplish by pushing through this little risk now? We can save people who may die soon. We can save them." 
- (Taking about Baam's face to him) - "Let's see.. You now look a bit taller in person, your body looks a bit more built now. But your face still looks like a baby."
- (To Baam) "I'm going to the floor of test. And I will make Yu Han Sung pay the price for acting up, not knowing his place."
- (Thinking to herself about the 13 Month Series bet) "A bet? For thirteen months with sister Maschenny? Then if we do the bet, whoever loses will be in great danger. Why would she want this in spite of knowing that? But why does it have to be Green April? Why would she choose Green April and not Black March? And it sounds like she is already decided on the details of the bet. What is this? Plus how did she know that I'm on the hell train? This all seems suspicious.."
- (Talking about Karaka to herself) - "If I spare this man in front of me now, he will return someday as my greatest enemy." (#303 - S2.Eps.223)"
- (To Ha Cheonhee) "Do you ever shut up?! You talk as if you made me one of Zahard's Princesses!! You think they choose Zahard's Princesses based on some kind of noble sense of duty?! They just make you do it when you reach certain age!! People who know nothing about the pressures of that title are always so strict, going on and on about being 'Responsible' or whatever. The people who really know what that pressure is like try to take some of that pressure away from you, if anything!! If you are so jealous of my life, you can have it!! Although it will just suffocate you anyway!!"
- (Talking about becoming a Zahard's Princesses to Ha Yurin) "I'm not sure if it is because I take after you, Grandmother, but I'm really good at smashing things!! From chairs and books to toys and people. I can destoy anything!! So if I become one of Zahard's Princesses and I feel like destroying those restrictions you told me about, I want to smash them all!! Wouldn't that make me an amazing Princess?! Then people would really respect me!"
- (To Ha Cheonhee) "Aren't Princesses allowed to act however they want? Why do Princesses need people's respect? Following someone else's orders is just a way of avoiding responsibility!! In order for someone to be respected!! At least they need to be able to judge whether something is just themselves!!"
- (To Ha Cheonhee) "If you want a Princess who just says 'Yes, sir! Yes, Ma'am!' to every order like a pretty little doll, you will have to look somewhere else!! Because I'm different!!"
- (To Ha Cheonhee after she beat her) "It's not a foolish choice. I'm sure of it. What I'm trying to do isn't foolish. I'm trying to make the future just a little bit better. I have always wondered why I was chosen to be one of Zahard's Princesses. Maybe I did want freedom more than a position like this, just like you said. But now, I know why the Tower gave me this power and position. Someday, when the world has changed, I will be a Princess you can admire. I just need to do things my way for a bit longer!"
- (To Kallavan) "Aren't you going to bow before a Princess? This is totally breaking the military law."
- (To Kallavan) "Stop picking on those little kids. Why don't you fight someone in your own league?"
- (To Karaka) "I'm a Princess of Zahard. A direct descendant of the Ha Family. They couldn't kill me that easily even if they caught me. As soon as I run, the family might be label me an even worst criminal and abandon me. I'm going to go back and meet my father. I want to know why he tried to kill Baam, whether he had a proper reason."
- (To Evan Edrok) "It feels like We have only just gotten started. This journey can't possibly end just like that. We have still got a long and dangerous journey ahead of us. Make sure you are ready when I'm away for a bit."
- (Talking to herself) "The real journey is only just beginning."
- Ha Yuri Jahad (Line Webtoon)