|“|| Do you know why there hasn't been a major war in this tower since the ancient wars? Old people hate change. This may seem very unstable to some generations, but to us, who are used to this situation, we're afraid of things changing. The same goes for me. Our bodies don't get sick or weaken as we age, they actually get stronger. But at some point, our minds get sick and become dull to everything, so we have an adverse reaction to even the smallest changes.
We've become weathered by time.
Ha Jinsung was originally a member of a branch of the Ha Family. At some point, Ha Jinsung fell in love with an unnamed woman who was later sold to his branch family. In his anger, he annihilated the entire branch, unable to rescue her as the woman died as well. This event ultimately leads him to hold a grudge against the Great Families, joining FUG as the result. For some time he trained Karaka and later Jyu Viole Grace. He was amazed at Viole's talent to mimic anything he saw once and continually brags about Viole's talents to others.
Appearance and Personality
Jinsung has a carefree and fun-loving attitude, although this also serves as a mask to hide his true intentions. Since meeting Baam, his character has mellowed slightly to the point where he feels regret at the FUG's treatment of Baam. According to Hwa Ryun, he respects Viole's decision to stay with Team Tangsooyook.
Ha Jinsung first appears as Yihwa finds out that Viole is meeting Hwa Ryun at Regular Karaoke. At first, he wonders if Yihwa is another new member of FUG. Yihwa soon realises that the three of them are FUG members and he soon notices her Yeon Family hairpin and accuses her of being a spy from the 10 Great Families. Viole tries to defend Yihwa by saying she is his teammate, but Yihwa denies this, prompting Jinsung to prepare to attack her. Viole ends up knocking her out to protect her.
Hwa Ryun then suggests that they take Yeon back to Viole's lodging to chat. There, Jinsung introduces himself to Wangnan and Goseng and asks if they bully Viole, although he eventually ends up going on and on about Viole being a genius. All throughout the conversation, Wangnan responds to his antics nervously.
After Jinsung leaves to see Viole on the roof, Hwa Ryun informs Wangnan that Jinsung had actually come to eliminate all seven of Viole's current teammates to get him to form a better team, but had changed his mind for now, as he respects Viole's decision. She warns him that many FUG members currently have complaints against Viole's current team.
Later, he goes to the roof to see Viole.
Jinsung is troubled when Viole gets hurt from protecting one of his teammates during the test. He tells Team Tangsooyook that he wants them to leave and that he would guarantee safety from FUG. Wangnan is visibly troubled by this but later returns to tell him that they would be walking their own paths and taking Viole with them, regardless of FUG. After Wangnan leaves, Karaka appears to question Jinsung's motives. He replies that letting Viole have friends simply increases their hostages.
He arrives at Karaka's secret hideout where he is questioned by one of its guards to which he replied, "Kids these days...". He subsequently proceeded to make his way to Karaka, easily defeating the hideout's guards on the way. Upon reaching Karaka, the latter sarcastically greeted him and the two began to discuss matters involving recent events. Jinsung then ended the discussion by giving his former student a warning, before leaving.
He appeared suddenly at Team Tangsooyook's residence, mentioning that his cute pupil was always asleep when he came to visit and noting that the team had some new faces. After being asked why he was there, Jinsung replied that while coming to see someone he decided to drop by before coldly inquiring who had put Viole in such a condition. He then attempts to prevent Baam from getting on the Hell Train, upon learning that Hoaqin was possibly going to be revived. He easily defeats Chang Blarode and Quatro Blitz but is tricked by Koon Aguero Agnis into allowing Baam and his team to escape.
Realising there was no way to know what happened during the Hell Train journey, Jinsung decided to attend the auction that took place during the Festival of the Name Hunt Station, featuring a battle between a Slayer candidate and a Zahard Princess. Before arriving, he received a message from Hwa Ryun explaining the situation along with Baam's plan. When Ha Ruda and Lo Po Bia Porp challenged each other for Lo Po Bia Elaine at the auction, he calmly challenged them to bet all at once. Shocking the other two by betting 10 billion points, he explained it was a small price to pay for his favourite disciple's favour and that his God was saving her. He was later seen traveling with Elaine towards the 40th Floor.
Ha Jinsung was sitting on an old tall building on the 91st Floor while being surrounded by Zahard's Army. Koon Maschenny Zahard went there personally to tell Jinsung there will be a war soon after the three orders from Zahard. Jinsung replies to Maschenny that he is too old to even want to fight and tells her to stop stirring up trouble. Wondering if Ha Jinsung's rage that he once had when he killed an entire Ha branch is still there; Maschenny ordered the army to attack by firing a huge laser from the main warship which destroyed the environment around him but did no damage to Jinsung himself, and in return, Ha Jinsung used an ability that destroyed half of the army's fleet instantly. Maschenny surprised that he still has it within him, she announces the start of the war and a weapon from Zahard goes over Ha Jinsung and blasts down destroying everything around him.
Jinsung managed to survive with only a sprained wrist and damages the weapon with a few kicks because he didn't want to destroy one of Zahard's precious toys. Ha Jinsung and Maschenny engaged in a battle afterward, and after couple massive attacks, Ha Jinsung notices Maschenny wasn't fighting seriously the whole time and asks her true intentions. Maschenny tells him he finally figured it out and followed up with a massive attack where she put more effort into. However, Jinsung took little to no damage from the attack which Maschenny says he is so strong. Maschenny tells Jinsung the three orders that were sent from King Zahard to annihilate FUG or kill everyone on the Hell Train. She also says someone Jinsung cares about is at the Last Station and the army found a way to interfere with regulars when they are not supposed to. Jinsung asks how Maschenny know about the 'boy', and she replies back saying her knowledge on his existence isn't the problem, but Zahard's and that he has noticed him in the tower and has already sent his army to kill him and anyone associated with him.
Ha Jinsung broke into one of Zahard's High-Speed Warship and set the location to the Last Station at full speed. The people in the warship were wearing Kallavan's insignia, and when Ha Jinsung sees it, he expresses concern, saying it will not be easy even for him because of Kallavan's influence and power.
Powers and Abilities
As a member of the Ha Family, Jinsung is proficient at martial arts and also incredibly strong. Not only is he a member of a Great Family, but he is a High Ranker, which heightens the standards one would expect of him.. He was strong enough to kill an entire branch of the Ha Family because his love was sold. Additionally, even the Elders and Slayers of FUG are wary of angering him, speaking volumes about his strength. In fact, he is such a monster that Hwa Ryun stated that even a Slayer would have trouble against him in a serious fight.
Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique (화접 공파술, or "Hwajeop Gongpahsool"): As the one who taught Viole this trademark FUG technique, Ha Jinsung is a master using this technique. The technique allows one to transfer a shock of Shinsoo through vibrations from oneself to a targeted object, vibrating the target's inner Shinsoo and destroying it from within. Jinsung was able to completely obliterate a rock golem with what seemed like an offhand touch.
- Ha Jinsung Style: Extreme Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique (하진성 류 극의 화접 공파술, Ha Jinsung-lyu: Geug-ui Hwajeop Gongpahsool): His own improvement of the trademark FUG technique; his student Viole used it to devastating effect against Kaiser despite the attack not hitting directly.
- Ha Jinsung Style: Transcendent Skill: Dragon Tiger Gate Ultimate Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique: This is likely one of Jinsung's ultimate techniques. He uses this against Kallavan when pushed into a corner. Jinsung generates a large amount of shinsoo in each hand which creates a large dragon and tiger. Jinsung then aims his arms at the enemy's abdomen and as Kallavan notes, messes up their flow of shinsoo. This technique is incredibly dangerous and is capable of injuring Kallavan whose body is noted to be very tough. Although it was not able to kill Kallavan outright as Jinsung expected, he did mention that it may have been deadly if Jinsung followed the attack with another hit.
Ha Jinsung Style Piercing Technique: Crimson Flame (하진성 류 공파술 적화, Ha Jinsung-lyu Gongpahsool: Jeoghwa): One of his signature techniques; his student Viole managed to break part of Kaiser's Armor Inventory with it.
Jinsung Ha Style Shinsu Control Skill: Red World (Water Drop) (하진성 식 신수제어술 붉은 세계 (물방울)): Jinsung used this technique when forces of Zahard's Army raided his residence on 91st Floor. It destroyed around half of the fleet.
- Twenty-Fifth Baam: Baam is Ha Jinsung's pupil. At first, Ha Jinsung looked at Baam as a weakling, as he was too 'Ordinary' and didn't feel like a Irregular like Urek Mazino. After Rachel's betrayal to Baam in season 1, Baam went under the name of Jyu Viole Grace was taught how to fight and effectively use Shinsoo from Ha Jinsung. It is shown Jinsung cares for Baam, and this was shown to be true as Jinsung was trying to stop Baam from entering the Hell Train where White/Hoaqin was at, saying that it is dangerous there.
- Karaka: Karaka was also another one of Jinsung's student. He noted by Jinsung that his growth is scary but he later also says Baam's growth is much faster and would catch up and drag him down from his throne someday.
- Kallavan: Kallavan was once Ha Jinsung's student. Kallavan thanked Jinsung for showing kindness and guidance in the past. It was because of Ha Jinsung that Kallavan was able to stop the endless cycle of killing between fathers and sons in the family. He has also helped Kallavan to be able to find his true meaning of life in which he became strong enough to go on a great journey to defeat great warriors, gather followers, and even becoming a corps commander of Zahard's Army. Ha Jinsung is now confronted by Kallavan after 3000 years as an enemy.
- Ja Wangnan: Ha Jinsung was given a lollipop from Wangnan to stop his smoking habits, and ever since that day, he has a lollipop in his mouth and was never seen smoking. In Season 2 Ch. 326, he continued to smoke after a long time. He was seen with a lighter on his hand and a cigarette in his mouth.
- Zahard: Ha Jinsung's relationship towards Zahard is like “my granny’s close friend is actually a king,” kind of relationship. Ha Jinsung is quite close to Zahard in the past as they shared conversations before. It is rare for Zahard or any of the 10 Great Warriors to have any connection to anyone beneath them.
Notes and Trivia
- He is higher up in the Ha Family tree than Ha Yuri Zahard.
- Jinsung calls Wangnan, "Wangnang".
- Jinsung asked Wangnan if he used Twitter and Wangnan said no.
- Jinsung tells Wangnan to buy him cigarettes. Wangnan returns with lollipops instead. In his next appearances, Jinsung is seen eating the lollipops instead of smoking cigarettes.
- As the lollipops were Chupa Chups (as commented on by Jinsung), this was a reference to their 1980's ad campaign, featuring slogans like "Smoke Chupa Chups" and "Stop smoking, start sucking". This is in line with SIU's other reference to older candies, which were the prize in the 28th Floor test.
- Jinsung buys clothes for Viole every season, much to Viole's chagrin.
- Ha Jinsung joined FUG to get his revenge on the Great Families. Though he is very strong he is not a Slayer.
- He is ranked within the top 100 (High) Rankers.
- He is allowed to interfere with Regulars to some degree, while most Rankers would be executed.
- SIU said that, excluding Yuri and Mazino, he was the strongest "person" (most likely not including Guardians) Baam had met as of Season 2 Chapter 155.
- Jinsung owns many houses.
- Jinsung is the grandson of Yurin Ha.
- (About Viole, to Wangnan) "He copies anything he sees once!"
- (To Yu Han Sung) "Rage dulls the senses. I feel like those dull senses have come alive today."
- (To Karaka) "Doesn't the fact that Viole has more friends just mean we have more hostages as collateral?"
- (To Koon Aguero Agnis) "Don't get so nervous, kid. I've changed a lot. I no longer kill Ten Families whenever I meet them."