Beniamino Cassano (베니아미노 카사노, Beniamino Kasano) is one of the first Human experiment subjects of The Workshop in order to create Living Ignition Weapon. He is a D-Rank Regular and a Scout. He is famous under the nickname of "Devil of the Left Arm". He was a former member of Team FUG and Team Rachel.
- 1 History
- 2 Appearance and Personality
- 3 Tower of God: Part 2 - The Return of the Prince
- 3.1 Tower of God: Part 2 - The Workshop Battle
- 3.2 Bet
- 3.3 Tower of God: Part 2 - The Hell Train
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Notes and Trivia
- 7 Quotes
- 8 References
- 9 Navigation
Beniamino Cassano (No.99) and Beniamino Ilmar (No.21), a.k.a. Kang Horyang, began their lives as children abandoned in the Middle Area and sold to the Workshop, where they were raised and experimented on. He and Horyang were the only two survivors out of 99,999 test subjects; at age 12 they were injected with a substance/creature known as a "devil", and became the first pair of living Ignition Weapons. After he was separated from Ilmar, he somehow became a Regular, climbed up the Tower and went to live in the Hand of Arlen.
Appearance and Personality
Cassano wears elegant yet somewhat tattered brown robes. He is smaller and thinner than his "brother" Kang Horyang, with a similar hairstyle in a lighter shade of brown. He also has a wing similar to Horyang's, but on the left side and positioned facing down.
As a child, Cassano was confident and optimistic, and acted as a "big brother" to Horyang. Since becoming a Regular, he has remained confident, but has become far more quiet and sullen.
Powers and Abilities
As a fellow living Ignition Weapon (and possessor of the other half of the Devil), Cassano's powers are similar to Horyang's, although he uses them differently; his Ignition Weapon comprises his left arm instead of the right and he seems to rely more on speed rather than power. He is able to use his arm to fire short range bursts, which can be used either to attack enemies or propel himself around. He is also highly resilient, able to resist sword cuts from Hatsu and survive a powerful eruption of fire from Yihwa relatively unscathed (albeit she was holding back). When Ignited, his arm is capable of incredible power, capable of shattering metal in a single blow. He was also able to miraculously survive being impaled by Espada de la Luz which should normally kill a person hit directly by it.
Cassano was also able to defeat Novick and Horyang, with the help of Reflejo, which is an impressive feat considering one of them was a Top 10 E-rank Regular and the other was the same kind of Ignition Weapon as Cassano.
Complete Ignition Weapon: After Cassano stole Horyang's 'Devil part' he is believed to have become a complete Ignition Weapon, similar to Beta. However unlike Beta's unstable version, which is made up of many separate 'devils', Cassano's is a much more complete and stable version that only has one 'Devil'. Beta even theorised that Cassano may be currently stronger than himself and maybe even Viole as a result. In this state Cassano is able to freely Ignite either arm and can use their abilities. He has shown the ability to fire extremely powerful shinsu blasts from his right arm. However Cassano is unable to to completely control his new power yet and still needs time to master it.
Kang Horyang: He describes Cassano as his only childhood friend. The two of them were raised together by and experimented on by the Workshop. They were separated just before Horyang was chosen by Headon to enter the Inner Tower as a Regular.
Sophia Amae: She was Cassano and Horyang's teacher until the age of 12, when they were given the halves of the "devil", after which time they never saw her again. Horyang describes her as their first love.
Notes and Trivia
- Beniamino Cassano's name is likely an amalgam of Beniamino Gigli, an Italian opera singer, and Antonio Cassano, an Italian footballer who usually wears the shirt number 99 when playing for a club. Note that Cassano was experiment #99 during his time in the Workshop.
- Cassano and Horyang's experiment numbers (99 and 21) are probably from two Korean pitchers Ryu Hyun-Jin (currently playing in LA Dodgers) and Yoon Suk-Min (KIA Tigers)'s uniform numbers.
- (To Ja Wangnan) "What's that going to change? Bringing a single friend back to life? But I can change this world if I climb the Tower!! I'm the only Regular human being on the Tower who's become one with shinsu!! I give hope to all abandoned bastards on this Tower!! If I use Emily and gather all the poor kids on the Tower and give them the same power as mine. There won't be any more scapegoats like me or Ilmar!! I'm going to gather their power and use it as the basis to reform and change this Tower!! I'm going to continue the task myself that Sophia gave up on!! You are trying to capture the only person on this Tower who can rescue all of the abandoned children just to save one friend. If you still want to take me away and save Ilmar!! Then you have no right to come all the way here. You are just an unworthy vessel who has managed to get this far by sheer luck."
- (Talking to Traveller about Wangnan) "Screw off. That little punk doesn't even have any clear ideals or abilities. He is just a bigmouthed little punk who likes to tell everyone else how to live. He must have been deluded into thinking that he had some kind of remarkable ability just because he was hanging around a Slayer Candidate."