Arie Hon (아리에 혼, Ahrieh Hon, "Arie Hon") is one of the Great Warriors who entered the Tower with Zahard. He is the head of the Arie Family and a High Ranker, currently 5th in ranking. He is regarded the strongest of the 10 Family Heads, and excluding Zahard and the top Irregulars, he is ranked the highest in the Tower.
One of the Great Warriors who has pioneered the Tower alongside King Zahard, it is said that before entering the Tower, he challenged Zahard 10 times and lost 10 times; thus he became Zahard's servant.
Arie Hon is known for giving special tests on his Floor and at some point after entering, Urek Mazino challenged the test. Urek Mazino's task was to endure his attacks for 10 minutes, but Urek Mazino fought evenly thus becoming the first person to ever successfully pass Arie Hon's special test. Urek Mazino became the most famous Ranker in the Tower thanks to this opportunity. The reward from the Family Head was the transfer of control over one of the Floors in Hon's possession.
Arie Hon is the owner of the White Oar, the only sword made by Macseth. White Oar is known as the only S+ rank weapon inside the Tower. Warriors in the Tower say the well-edged weapon is 'like an oarfish' because of this. Macseth hasn't produced another weapon after the creation of the White Oar. The name of the sword is from Oarfish, a legendary White Steel Eel.
Appearance and Personality
Arie Hon is a fairly tall looking man with notably pale skin and long white hair that flows down his back and also covers the upper half of his face. On his right hip hangs his sheathed sword.
Arie Hon is known to be very temperate and elegant normally. He is also well mannered, even in a fight.
However, one of his sons, Hoaqin, had a flashback and he was shown to be a ruthless father as he told Hoaqin to sacrifice himself to be his sword or leave his home and return as a demon, which Hoaqin did. This caused Hoaqin to have a personality disorder as "White" and even killed at least a billion people. Arie Hon saw seeds of a demon within Hoaqin and told him to go to a dark and evil place to develop his powers and he also told him to use his rage towards him as fuel to increase his power by consuming the souls of the weak. Arie Hon even told Hoaqin to not deceive himself and just take joys and pleasures of murder. Perhaps he saw Hoaqin's future and wanted to tell him of what he'll become.
Arie Hon stays at the 100th Floor of the Tower as the head of Arie Family, and his territory is the largest of the 10 Great Families. He is famous for giving special tests to the Regulars with an extraordinary reward, but the level of difficulty is so high that most of the Regulars don't dare take them. To date, only two people are known to have passed his test.
Powers and Abilities
Arie Hon is renowned as the strongest of the Great Warriors. He is an outstanding swordsman, who has no problem wielding a sword even in high densities of shinsoo due to his mysterious style of swordsmanship that is said to be impossible to describe in words. He wields the White Oar, the only S+ rank weapon in the Tower. His power and skill was enough that when Urek Mazino took on his special test, they fought to a standstill for 10 minutes, but afterwards Arie Hon is known to have said "Urek Mazino is much better"; he has not fought anyone after fighting Urek.
Notes and Trivia
- (To Hoaqin) "So son, no matter how hard you try, it is impossible for 'you' to surpass your 'father' here. From the servants, wives and countless sons of the family - their flesh, bones and blood have gathered to create the great, one and only Arie blade. And above all of this I, your father, tower as the ruler. Son, if you wish to become part of this sword, grow and sacrifice yourself in my arms. However, if you really wish to surpass me, then leave this place. Leave and return as a demon."
- Arieh Hon (SIU)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Arie Hon's character profile (SIU's blog)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 User Blog:GoDai/GoDai's Translations: People and Groups in the Tower (1)#Arieh Hon - White-Coloured Sword, or White Oar
- ↑ User Blog:GoDai/GoDai's Translations: People and Groups in the Tower (1)#Rankings
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 GoDai's Translations: People and Groups (2) - Zahard and the 10 Families
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.319: 44F - The Last Station (4)
- ↑ SIU's blog (Random-Webtoon-Fan's translation)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.194: 38F - Hell Train: The Dallar Show (23)