Anima (부리미, Boorimi; or "Charmer") is a special Position and refers to someone who subjugates (부림, boorim; "to make someone into a servant") and controls Shinheuh and other creatures to do their bidding. An Anima is quite rare, even among Rankers.
Unlike many other special positions, it's not a skill that anyone can learn, but instead requires a natural talent. The skill to subjugate a creature existed before the 10 Families entered the Tower although, at some point, the Lo Po Bia Family acquired the skill. Not everyone from the Lo Po Bia Family is an Anima, but they all have the potential and a few Lo Po Bia elites have abilities that are on a whole new level from standard Anima.
In order to control a creature, the Anima must use a bowl. Bowls are spaces that an Anima uses to control a subjugated creature. This is accomplished through a special kind of Shinsoo. The container that an Anima employs as a bowl may vary from a simple jar to an entire chamber. An Anima can fill the bowl and store their subjugated creatures inside. According to SIU, bowls are usually best when they are portable and the Shinsoo must be changed regularly to maintain control over the user's creature. So far, Metalfish and Fenryl are the only known creatures that do not require a bowl in order to control them.
- Lo Po Bia Alphine uses her "work office room" in the Kaiser's Auction House as the bowl to control her Shadow Fox Shinheuh.
- Lo Po Bia Ren uses his "sheep fur costume" as the bowl.
Since the user manipulates subjugated creatures to do their bidding, the Anima's greatest weakness is none other than the user. By taking care of the Anima, one also may defeat the subjugated creature in the process. Also, since an Anima always needs a bowl in order to control a creature, one may be able to destroy the bowl or alter the Shinsoo in the bowl to break the control over the subjugated creature.
- Breeder (LINE)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 SIU's Official Fan Cafe
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 GoDai's Translations: People and Groups (3) - All about Positions
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Vol.2 Ch.213: 39F - Hell Train: The 'Name Hunt' Station (16); blog post
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Vol.2 Ch.213: 39F - Hell Train: The 'Name Hunt' Station (16)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.139: 30F - Hell Train: Revolution Road (27); Blog post