The 10 Great Families (위대한 가문, 偉大한 家門 widaehan gahmoon, "Great Family") are the families formed by the 10 of the Great Warriors who first came into the Tower with Zahard. They are part of the Ruling Class in the Tower and their members are often extremely powerful, blessed with the power of their forefathers. Just as Zahards are considered the Royals, 10 Great Family members are considered the Nobles.  Another interesting point about these 10 Great Families is that a few selected daughters of the families tend to have the chance to become a Zahard's Princesses and gain enormous authority in the Tower. The 10 Great Family leaders made a deal with the administrators for true immortality.
Most children of the 10 Families usually live in the "Floating Castles" until they are chosen to become Regulars. Children who are not chosen to climb the Tower settle down in the Middle Area or help around in their family's Floating Castles, although they are discriminated compared to those who come back as Regulars or Rankers. Because of their lineage, most children tends to be more powerful and skilled among the ordinary residents of the Tower. Among the children of the great families, those of direct descendency from the head of the house's own blood is frequently considered gifted, but direct descendants aren't always better. Although children from the 10 Families seem to have bountiful and happy lives on the surface, the competition is fierce among them. Also if they are male, they have a low survival rate (Females have the possibility of becoming a Zahard princess and are thus more valuable) 
As the 10 Great Families rule most of the Floors at the Tower, the Middle Area's residents make several altars dedicated to the Ruler of the Floor. Such altars are usually located at the highest point in the region.
Note: If a Family head or house head (가주, 家主 gahjoo) has multiple wives or husbands, then there will be a main family and branch families. The Khun Family, notably, has the most branch families.
This family is led by Ari Han (not to be mistaken for Arie Hon).
The Arie family is headed by Arie Hon (not to be mistaken for Ari Han). Arie Hon stays at the 100th Floor of the Tower as the head of Arie Family and his territory is the largest of the 10 Great Families. This family is also famous for its prowess in swordsmanship.
This family is one of the 10 Great Families, it is led by Ha Yurin. The well-known Princess and High Ranker, Ha Yuri Zahard, comes from this family. This family is blessed with incredible physical strength.
This family is led by Hendo Lok Bloodmadder. All members of this family except Bloodmadder have short lifespans due to a pact that Bloodmadder made with a Guardian in exchange for eternal life. However, this family has the greatest number of children out of the 10 Families. This family has the fewest Rankers and the least influence in the Tower among the 10 Great Families.
This family is headed by Khun Eduan. Khun Eduan has the greatest number of wives and the second-greatest number of children out of the 10 Families. There is a lot of veiled competition among his children and too much competition has created the 'official' fights, held once a year, after which the winners are decided to be his true children and the losers are abandoned. This family is famous for its cunning intelligence.
This family is led by Yeon Hana. None of the 'descendants' of this family actually possess Hana's blood, as Hana is a virgin. All descendants are the children of Ilarde, known as the 'godmother'. This family is known for its female members' tendency to look down on men.
- It is possible that the 10 families and Zahard may be inspired by the Greek mythology of Twelve Olympians. SIU stated that Eduan is inspired by Dionysus, while Yeon could be inspired by the virgin goddess of the hearth Hestia.
- It has been indicated that although the 10 Families are aligned with Zahard's Empire, they have the right to refuse to offer assistance, as Khun Maschenny Zahard noted that only the Lo Po Bia Family sent in troops to help them and the rest sent no troops. However, Yasratcha noted it would be strange for them to help regardless.
- ↑ The 10 Great Family Leaders made a deal with the administrator, for true immortality.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Vol.2 Ch.194: 38F - Hell Train: The Dallar Show (23); Blog Post
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.211: 39F - Hell Train: The 'Name Hunt' Station (14); Blog Post
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.173: 38F - Hell Train: The Dallar Show (2)
- ↑ Vol.2 Ch.278: ??F - Hell Train: Khun Edahn (1); blog post